Welcome to the APBWeb.
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO

Rampage Jackson arrested after police chase

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was arrested and held on $25,000 bail following a traffic accident Tuesday afternoon in Costa Mesa, Calif.
    According to Costa Mesa police Lt. Paul Dondero, an officer observed the 30-year old Jackson driving with a flat tire on his 2008 Ford F-350 pickup truck and talking on his cell phone (which recently became illegal while driving in Calif.) and attempted to pull him over.
    Dondero said Jackson, a resident of Irvine, Calif., ignored the officer and continued driving with the officer in pursuit.
    Police had received a report of a vehicle involved in a collision on the 55 Freeway in Costa Mesa, which struck other vehicles and fled the scene, Dondero said.

The chase continued with the vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, including at one point driving on the wrong side of the road and even on a sidewalk, scaring pedestrians.
    Dondero said Jackson hit two cars at 19th Street and Newport Boulevard at 1:13 p.m., but failed to stop. He said a Costa Mesa police officer saw the truck near 17th Street and attempted to pull it over.
    Jackson fled and hit at least one more car before the five-minute chase ended with his arrest, the lieutenant said.
    The car continued to Newport Beach, where the tire blew out and came off the rim and he was taken into the Orange County Central jail. The fighter was charged with hit-and-run driving, felony evading and reckless driving.
    UFC president Dana White flew to Orange County upon learning of the arrest and said he was driving to the county jail to post bail for Jackson.
    The story was initially reported by the website TMZ.com, which has photos of Jackson lying face down on the street behind his truck, a 2008 Ford F-350 turbo diesel, as a police officer has his gun drawn and is pointing it at him.
    Jackson won the UFC light heavyweight title by knocking out Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 on May 26, 2007. After a successful defense against Dan Henderson on Sept. 5, Jackson lost the belt to Forrest Griffin on a controversial decision at UFC 86 on July 5 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
    Jackson’s manager/trainer, Juanito Ibarra, did not immediately return phone calls.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Wow, glad he didn't resist arrest. It would not have been a MMA match if I saw him coming at me.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Wow, glad he didn't resist arrest. It would not have been a MMA match if I saw him coming at me.
    I would have shot him if he started charging me
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    A couple years back, we had a former UFC/MMA fighter who was residing in our city (Mark "The Smashing Machine" Kerr). He was no longer in fighting shape per se, and he was clearly plagued by mental problems.

Remembering that, along with this incident, it's important to remember how prevalent the sport has become. In additon to the plethora of actual fighters that are all over the place, MMA has become the new "trendy" fighting style to learn. Some people I've dealt with are very real threats with no weapons other than their hands. Be careful out there.

I love MMA as much as the next guy, but if I know that you're skilled in it and you come charging at me with a case of the ass, we're not tussling. I'm not even going to bother.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Found this on a Sports blog

Rampage Jackson Has a Message For The Kids
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008
    Posted By Spencer Hall 10:03 AM
    Hi, kids. Rampage Jackson here. You might remember me from the time I slammed a man to the mat noggin-first from eight feet in the air, lifting him off the mat with little more than my erector spinae and legs.

Yes, that was an impressive moment. for me -- ingenious, even, something MMA fighters don't get enough credit for, in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately, I have two problems. First, I'm pretty recognizable to begin with: a huge, bald black dude who has been on television a lot from all angles. Second, my big truck has a picture of my big self on the side with my name emblazoned on the side. Meaning what, you ask?

Well, if you decide to leave the scene of a hit-and-run accident you may have been involved in and want to, you know, "blend in" with the population? Well, I just learned something: the cops don't like it when you drive on the sidewalk during the chase, "causing pedestrians to flee for their lives."

Also, a second but vital tip: don't do it if you're driving a truck with your name and picture on it.

Just a few tips from your buddy Rampage, who wants all of you to hope and pray I get to make my rematch with Forrest Griffin happen after all this "reckless driving, hit-and-run, and resisting arrest" business clears up.

Love, xoxoxoxoxo

Rampage.

p.s. AROOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    ^^^ What a turd
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I did see him on a show call Fight Science. They had him and some other MMA guys on there. Rampage had a punch measured at over 1100 lbs per sq inch. He is still a DA after trying to leave with a truck like that.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

The91Bravo is offline Deputy Sheriff
    Glad they got him with no LE injury.. well done folks

If he came at me I would not have a chance of stopping... without a .40 S&W assist

Thread Information