Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Missing Female Ft. Bliss Soldier 4th Female Soldier to go Missing. Others Found Dead. Fellow Marines, Husbands Were Usual Killers.

Police: Missing Fort Bliss Soldier May Be in Danger
    Husband also being saught

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis and husband Clinton Lewis
    AP/El Paso Police Department

EL PASO, Texas ó Police say a female Fort Bliss soldier is missing and considered in danger after she did not report for work Friday and they found evidence of foul play inside her apartment.

Authorities were searching for Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis, 29, and her husband, Clinton. El Paso Officer Chris Mears said they believe the couple is together and want to talk to her husband, Clinton Lewis, 34, about the disappearance.

Mears said investigators have been told by people who know the soldier that she and her husband, who is not in the Army, have been having marital problems.

Fort Bliss spokeswoman Jean Offutt said that when Jenessa Lewis didn't report to physical training or work, soldiers from the 5-52 Air Defense Artillery Battalion, 11th Brigade went to her off-post apartment to check on her. The apartment she shares with her husband was locked, prompting the call to police.

When police arrived just after noon, investigators found evidence of foul play, Mears said.

Mears said neither Lewis nor her husband were at the apartment. He would not discuss details of what officers found in the apartment.

Investigators are looking for a 2001 white Dodge Dakota pickup truck with Texas tags the couple is believed to be in.

Jeneesa Lewis has only been stationed at Fort Bliss for a few months and arrived at the post alone, Offutt said. According to Army records, Jeneesa Lewis' children are living in Tennessee.

Lewis is the fourth young female service member to go missing in recent months.

In January, the body of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, of Vandalia, Ohio, was found in the backyard of a fellow Marine. Cpl. Cesar Laurean fled to Mexico but was captured in April and is now charged with Lauterbach's murder. She was stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Last month, the decomposing body of Spc. Megan Touma, of Cold Spring, Ky., was found in a motel near Fort Bragg, N.C. No arrests have been made in that case.

Earlier this month, Army 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, of Dubuque, Iowa, was found dead three days after a suspicious fire was discovered at her Fayetteville, N.C., apartment. Her husband, Marine Cpl. John Wimunc, 23, was charged with murder, first-degree arson and conspiracy to commit arson in the death of his wife.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Missing Soldier Alive but Stabbed - Husband Arrested

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/16940883/detail.html
    Arleene Barrios-KFOX Morning News Reporter

POSTED: 6:40 am MDT July 21, 2008
    UPDATED: 4:25 pm MDT July 21, 2008

EL PASO, Texas -- After three days on the run, police said the man at the center of a nationwide manhunt accused of kidnapping and stabbing a Fort Bliss soldier, turned himself in. Clinton Lewis, 34, and his wife, Jeneesa Lewis, 29, walked into the El Paso Police Central Regional Command Center at 6 p.m. Sunday. Jeneesa Lewis had several bandages on her body and called family members in Tennessee to let them know she was alive.

Tammy Skelton, the victimís sister in Tennessee, spoke exclusively with KFOX by phone overnight and said Clinton had taken the 29-year-old to Nevada over the weekend, but returned after seeing national coverage of the story. After giving her statement to police, Jeneesa Lewis was taken to William Beaumont Army Medical Center for treatment.

"She was hurt pretty bad and was going to the hospital. She said she needed stitches. She had two stab wounds, one on each leg. He had stabbed her with a steak-knife," said Skelton.

The nationwide manhunt began Friday when Jeneesa Lewis didnít report to work at Fort Bliss. El Paso police discovered blood in her west El Paso apartment. Police said there were signs of a struggle.

Skelton said Jeneesa Lewis had joined the Army and moved to El Paso in March to start a new life without her husband. However, the victimís sister said Clinton Lewis moved into the apartment shortly after and controlled Jeneesa Lewis's every move.

Last week Skelton received a text message from Jeneesa Lewis saying, add comma ďI am so relieved! Iím FREE!Ē Skelton said Jeneesa Lewis was walking out on Clinton Lewis. She believes that's what led to the kidnapping.

Detectives with the El Paso Police Department said Jeneesa Lewis provided them enough information to press felony charges on Clinton. Lewis is currently in the El Paso County Jail on aggravated kidnapping charges. His bond has been set at $75,000.

"I'm glad he turned himself in. I really am. I'm still kind of in shock. I'm glad she's safe," said Skelton.

Previous Stories:

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    WTH is going on with these service women getting killed or almost killed? Geez!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    This is crazy......what the hell is going on.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    This story, and every other military story like it could have been avoided. How you say? One word: Saltpeter.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Some men are losers. Some men are vicious control freaks. Monsters even.

Some women hook up with men who are losers, thinking they can fix them.

Then when they think all hope is lost, they stay with them, just to keep the peace, or out of sheer fright, even to the point of being afraid for their life.

Its a never ending cycle.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    This story, and every other military story like it could have been avoided. How you say? One word: Saltpeter.
    BINGO!!! and feed it to their non-military spouses, too.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information