Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

NOPD Chief addresses the force after three officers were disciplined for everything from running from cops to assaulting officers

After a string of cops in trouble this week, New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley and his assistant chiefs said Friday that they were going to each of the NOPD districts to address the force at roll call meetings.

He says they will "encourage and demand professionalism."

Speaking about all the recent controversy, Riley told WWL First news, "It's a major embarrassment for this police department."

In the past week there have been three New Orleans Police officers disciplined for alleged inappropriate activity.

One NOPD officer allegedly led bridge police on a high speed chase, almost ran over an officer and allegedly slapped a cop.

Another cop was steeped in controversy for wearing an unapproved uniform.

A third officer allegedly lost her cool and waved a gun at a woman and children in a day camp pick up line. Officer Ashely Terry, who has been on the force for 15 months, was suspended without pay until further notice. Riley confirmed there were children and adults at the Treme Community Center when Terry allegedly drew her weapon. Witnesses say the responding officer then tried to cover it up.

Riley said he wants the force to know the ramifications of action like this. "We will talk about how it effects the confidence of our citizens, how it effects the morale of this police department and how it stops the growth we are gaining."

"We will address them appropriately. And we simply want to assure the citizens that we are taking appropriate action to curtail this type of action," the chief said

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    From what I have seen and heard, Mr. Riley demanding professionalism is like Enron demanding open and fair accounting.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Five-0 again.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Dissapointed but not surprised. I'm glad I didn't join when I had the chance.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Five-0 again.
    Got him for you, maclean.

Riley needs to practice what he preaches. IMO he gives the LE profession a bad name, from what I have seen and heard. Hello Pot? This is Kettle.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Another black eye the Dept. does not need. Sounds like they loosened the requirements for hiring after Katrina, to fill the ranks.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information