Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Church Shooting

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Church Shooting

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story...=61322&catid=2

Multiple people have suffered gunshot wounds in what witnesses describe as a mass shooting inside a church in West Knoxville Sunday morning.

The shootings happened at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church on Kingston Pike.

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm
    I was training a group of police officers in Texas, and during the break, one officer asked his friend if he carried his weapon in church. The other cop replied, I will never be caught without my gun in church. I asked why he felt so strongly about this, and he told me about a police officer he knew who was at a church massacre in Ft. Worth, Texas, in 1999. In that incident, a mentally deranged individual came into the church and opened fire, gunning down 14 people. He said that officer believed he could have saved every life that day if he had been carrying his gun. His own son was shot, and all he could do was throw himself on the boys body and wait to die. That cop looked me in the eye and said, Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself after that?
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    I'll admit that I never carry in church. In fact my state prohibits carrying in church unless there's just cause....this incident is the just cause.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I carry, nearly everywhere.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    I'll admit that I never carry in church. In fact my state prohibits carrying in church unless there's just cause....this incident is the just cause.
    We're exempt from the restrictions in 18.2-208. You're right though, the possibility of one of these incidents occurring is just cause for any CCW here to carry in church.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    My family has asked why I carry at church.....this is why.

Our chuch has been vandalized before by criminals who called us "cannibals" (I guess in reference to being Catholic and the whole Body of Christ aspect). I refuse to sit idly by and helplessly wait for the day our Mass is interrupted by a gun-toting psychopath intent on killing a few people.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    No church or school,or workplace is really safe these days.The answer is really pretty simple. Start punishing criminals. The jails would not be full,if folks were scared to go there!Punish the person for the crime. Make the punishment fit the crime. Let these kids seeing the news hear about serious sentences for crimes. Quit letting lawyers and the aclu make a mockery out of the justice system. Just my two cents worth. Prayers to the families.
    Please do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Yes, another gun free zone.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    There was an incident at a Texas church a few years ago where an LEO and his family attended. He never carried to church. On a nice Sunday morning a shithead walked into the church and all he could do was get down. When the shooting was over his children were dead.

Opps, I didn't see the above reference.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    This is enough to make me carry in church.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Thread Information