Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hawk1 is offline Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Unhappy This is seriously f*$$%ed up

Found this on a news site this morning. What is the world coming to??

Killer 'taunted Canada police with decapitated head'

Article from: Agence France-Presse

Correspondents in Ottawa
    August 01, 2008 10:02am

A PASSENGER travelling across Canada's Western plains on a bus stabbed, gutted and decapitated a man seated next to him, and then taunted police with the head.
    The victim, believed to be 18 years old, had been sleeping with headphones on his ears before he was repeatedly stabbed in the chest by the man with a "big Rambo knife", witness Garnet Caton told public broadcaster CBC.

The other 35 passengers and the driver were jolted by "blood-curdling screams" and fled, bracing the door on their way out to trap the assailant inside the bus.

"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

When Caton and two others returned to check on the victim, he said they saw the attacker "cutting the guy's head off and gutting him".

"While we were watching ... he calmly walked up to the front (of the bus) with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stared at us and dropped the head right in front of us."

"There was no rage in him and he wasn't swearing or cursing or anything, it was just like he was a robot or something."

Moments later, police surrounded the bus and arrested the man after a nearly three-hour standoff, he said.

"He was taunting police with the head in his hand out the window," said Caton.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said they were investigating a "major incident" on a Greyhound bus travelling eastbound from Edmonton to Winnipeg, but offered no details.

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day called the attack "horrific
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I hate to be the one to ask it but was he of a certain Religion or just having mental issues?

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Man decapitated on Canada bus..

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...a.html?ref=rss

This news article contains graphic details, so don't open if you you've got a weak stomach.
    In view of this, do you think bus drivers should be armed?

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Arm bus drivers? Off duty cops cannot carry in Canada. Canada has only recently armed their uniformed sworn Customs Officers.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

A tip to the wise..Don't ever fall asleep when sitting beside a stranger!!

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I hate to be the one to ask it but was he of a certain Religion or just having mental issues?
    IMO..definitely a mental case, regardless of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbear111 View Post
    Arm bus drivers? Off duty cops cannot carry in Canada. Canada has only recently armed their uniformed sworn Customs Officers.
    If the driver of that bus or any bus had a shot gun or rifle (not illegal in Canada) in full view for every passenger to see when stepping on a bus, that poor kid would probably be alive today.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Threads merged
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    and Canada doesn't have the death penalty.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    Man,thats messed up.
    Please do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I can't believe all those Canadian sheep ran instead of mobbing the guy - They could have overpowered his arm and probably broke it if they tried... What am I saying, of course they would run, Texans they're not.

Like Archie Bunker said, just arm all the passengers, so maybe one of them could have been in the right place to put a round in his ear.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    So this guy was possessed by demons like the idiot that beat his child to death a few miles from me that we all posted about? Seriously, beings such as this need to be taken out of human society permanently, preferably by death. IMO

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    I can't believe all those Canadian sheep ran instead of mobbing the guy - They could have overpowered his arm and probably broke it if they tried... What am I saying, of course they would run, Texans they're not.

Like Archie Bunker said, just arm all the passengers, so maybe one of them could have been in the right place to put a round in his ear.
    LOL..Mob him???..with what?? a bus load of kids, women, senior citizen's and the bus driver.
    This maniac who probably looked like Jack Nicholson in the Shining who had a big Rambo hunting knife and taunted the Canadian mounties with the severed head for an hour or more... The only Texan who'd mob this mad man would be Cordell Walker.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Three cheers for Chuck Norris! Rambo wouldn't even touch that.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

2525 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    If the driver of that bus or any bus had a shot gun or rifle (not illegal in Canada) in full view for every passenger to see when stepping on a bus, that poor kid would probably be alive today.
    A firearm possessed by a civilian in Canada must be transported unloaded and in a locked receptacle, with the ammunition stored separately.

It is acceptable for a police officer to transport their loaded service pistol on their person, but generally it is for transportation from point A to point B only. To carry a pistol around off-duty is requires permission from a high-ranking officer, usually the Chief him/herself.

Sigh... in my opinion, we need to get with the times up here.
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer. "

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    This maniac who probably looked like Jack Nicholson in the Shining who had a big Rambo hunting knife and taunted the Canadian mounties with the severed head for an hour or more... The only Texan who'd mob this mad man would be Cordell Walker.
    or TxCharlie!

Quote Originally Posted by 2525 View Post
    A firearm possessed by a civilian in Canada must be transported unloaded and in a locked receptacle, with the ammunition stored separately.

It is acceptable for a police officer to transport their loaded service pistol on their person, but generally it is for transportation from point A to point B only. To carry a pistol around off-duty is requires permission from a high-ranking officer, usually the Chief him/herself.

Sigh... in my opinion, we need to get with the times up here.
    Oh, well, just wishful thinking on my part..It seems with your multi-million dollar useless gun registration law every dirtbag has a weapon except the good guys.

2525 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Ret, that's pretty much what we have. Oh, and the gun registry cost much more than millions....
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer. "

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Para makes a pretty decent gun in Canada, so it's a shame that we get to carry them and you can't - Maybe wave your cell phone at him and tell him to drop it, or you'll call 911

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information