Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. #1
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs down Barack Obama inserting foot in mouth again when not reading from a teleprompter

    When presidential candidates answer questions from children about why they want the job, most will give an answer that uplifts the child and the candidate. Not Barack Obama. At a campaign stop in Elkhart, Indiana recently, a seven-year-old girl asked the Democrat why he wants to be President — and he told her that America has gone downhill:

    http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/0...t-it-once-was/

    “America is …, uh, is no longer, uh … what it could be, what it once was. And I say to myself, I don’t want that future for my children.”

  2. #2
    MacLean's Avatar
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    09-05-07
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11,802
    Rep Power
    4584772
    Flaming asshole.
    I'm your huckleberry...

    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

    You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.


    I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...



  3. #3
    Captain America's Avatar
    Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    05-01-08
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,627
    Rep Power
    6608676
    I thought he didn't like the old America before political correctness came into vogue. Surely he can't be talking about America before the civil rights movement. I thought he wanted change. Now he's nostalgic?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

    "It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

    Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

    Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

  4. #4
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732206
    So a thumbs down because he wants to improve America? He wants the economy, healthcare and education systems to return to their rightful place as tops in the world like they were years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  5. #5
    jcsdscott's Avatar
    jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    11-12-06
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    1,889
    Rep Power
    885591
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    So a thumbs down because he wants to improve America? He wants the economy, healthcare and education systems to return to their rightful place as tops in the world like they were years ago?
    That's what I was wondering, what's wrong with changing what's being done to return the US to where we were?
    Romans 8:28-31

    "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

  6. #6
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732206
    Don't get me wrong (and no matter what you think, I'm not just saying this because I'm an Obamaniac...I don't wear "liberal rainbow colored glasses" most of the time)..I think this country is definitely the best around. However, the last 20 years, we've been getting our asses kicked by lots of European countries and Japan when it comes to education, our dollar has plummeted to a retarded-low value, the insurance racket has screwed getting affordable medical treatment (my son has that newborn acid reflux crap that apparently a lot of babies get...I had to get his medicine last night and it was $50! Seriously?)...there's a lot of room to improve upon. Maybe it's that we've remained stagnant over the last 15 years or so while other countries have caught up and it makes it seem more even (15-20 years ago, no one was even close to the mountain-top that the US occupied..now it's a little more crowded at the top), or maybe we've regressed...I'm not sure. But to say there's not room to improve upon the way of life we're rolling with up in this bitch seems a bit naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  7. #7
    jcsdscott's Avatar
    jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    11-12-06
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    1,889
    Rep Power
    885591
    That said it all.
    Romans 8:28-31

    "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

  8. #8
    Shoestring's Avatar
    Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Join Date
    09-20-07
    Location
    Madison ish, WI
    Posts
    2,799
    Rep Power
    799034
    I am still up in the air on who I will vote for as our next pres.

    But what I would really like to see, getting rid of all the bashing campaigns, Stick to the facts of what you want to do and that is that. I fricken hate bashing campaigns, in fact the person that does the most bashing this time around might lose my vote because I am on the fence with these two friggen yahoooos.
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

    "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

    The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

  9. #9
    snuffy2202's Avatar
    snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-16-06
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    422662
    And why did our country get this way? Well, it is because more and more people want to do nothing and to rely on the government to give them everything.
    Universal healthcare is going to bankrupt this country even more. It is just another way to give handouts to people. It is not far from:
    "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
    This is straight from Karl Marx, the father of Communism.

    This country was and is still great because of Capitalism. It is not pure Capitalism because of the government's defining and enforcing the basic rules of the market.
    However, if you let people work and let them produce, and let them prosper, the country will keep ahead of the rest of the world. If you continue to have handouts and giveaway programs for lazy, ignorant, and incompetent people, America will indeed fall.

    This is my opinion.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.” – Jeff Cooper'

  10. #10
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Don't get me wrong (and no matter what you think, I'm not just saying this because I'm an Obamaniac...I don't wear "liberal rainbow colored glasses" most of the time)..I think this country is definitely the best around. However, the last 20 years, we've been getting our asses kicked by lots of European countries and Japan when it comes to education Oboma is against school choice. Thank the public school system for that. The teacher's unions are concerned with funding not educating the students, our dollar has plummeted to a retarded-low value with the Dems bowing to the unions you can look for this to continue. We will continue to import cheaper goods from abroad, the insurance racket has screwed getting affordable medical treatment (my son has that newborn acid reflux crap that apparently a lot of babies get...I had to get his medicine last night and it was $50! Seriously?) It cost a lot more than $50 to develope that medication The free market would do more to make insurance affordable through competition. The government getting involved has made the mess we have now...there's a lot of room to improve upon. Maybe it's that we've remained stagnant over the last 15 years or so while other countries have caught up and it makes it seem more even (15-20 years ago, no one was even close to the mountain-top that the US occupied..now it's a little more crowded at the top), or maybe we've regressed...I'm not sure. But to say there's not room to improve upon the way of life we're rolling with up in this bitch seems a bit naive.
    You are right Bob, there is always room to improve. However, I believe that this country is great because of its people not because of its government. Expecting the government to solve everyones woes will definatly make everyone equal. They will be equally miserable. Saying that Europe has caught up or that we have regressed is factually incorrect. Those people in this country that are "living in poverty" have a higher standard of living than the average European. Hell we are all cops. Go into a housing project and look at all the big screen TVs, cell phones, and rims yo. Just about everyone living there is "disabled" yet they can run like a gazell when the po po is after them.

    I digress. This is not a party issue. Both parties have spent like crazy. All the promised vote buying schemes will only hurt us more.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  11. #11
    Captain America's Avatar
    Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    05-01-08
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,627
    Rep Power
    6608676
    Democrat math: Handout promise + uneducated vote = White House.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

    "It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

    Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

    Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

  12. #12
    dadyswat's Avatar
    dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-16-06
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    449916
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    That's what I was wondering, what's wrong with changing what's being done to return the US to where we were?
    I can't stand it!!! Just about everything that Obama is talking about is old hat just a re-hash of Johnson's and Carter's policies, mostly Carter's. While this stuff may sound new to a lot of you those of us that have been here and taking care of families since the 60's remember well what a fun time those two gave us.

  13. #13
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357018
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Democrat math: Handout promise + uneducated vote = White House.

    Kudos Captain. You said it better and shorter than I did.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  14. #14
    MonsterMash's Avatar
    MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Join Date
    05-04-06
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    3454275
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Just about everyone living there is "disabled" yet they can run like a gazell when the po po is after them.
    Ain't it funny how that happens?
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

  15. #15
    MonsterMash's Avatar
    MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Join Date
    05-04-06
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    3454275
    The bottom line is, if Obama makes it to the White House, the fuze that has been smoldering on the powder keg will finally ignite it.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

  16. #16
    dadyswat's Avatar
    dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-16-06
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    449916
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy2202 View Post
    Universal healthcare is going to bankrupt this country even more. It is just another way to give handouts to people. It is not far from:
    "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
    This is straight from Karl Marx, the father of Communism.


    This is my opinion.
    I'm with you on this Snuffy. Just think how wonderfull it will when someone who advocates killing unborn babies is making your health decisions for you, it will jus take load off your mind.

  17. #17
    dadyswat's Avatar
    dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-16-06
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    449916
    Hey Monster,
    Didn't you say at one time the revolution was coming?

  18. #18
    MacLean's Avatar
    MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    09-05-07
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    11,802
    Rep Power
    4584772
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    So a thumbs down because he wants to improve America? He wants the economy, healthcare and education systems to return to their rightful place as tops in the world like they were years ago?
    First of all, I disagree that our medical system isn't the best in the world, but that is for another day.

    Thumbs down is for using the question of a small child as a political point gain.

    In the OP, it is pointed out that a typical candidate will uplift the child and the candidate.

    This guy uplifted himself and created a new Democrat by instilling fear in the child.
    I'm your huckleberry...

    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

    You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.


    I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...



  19. #19
    dadyswat's Avatar
    dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-16-06
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    449916
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    First of all, I disagree that our medical system isn't the best in the world, but that is for another day.

    Thumbs down is for using the question of a small child as a political point gain.

    In the OP, it is pointed out that a typical candidate will uplift the child and the candidate.

    This guy uplifted himself and created a new Democrat by instilling fear in the child.

    +1

  20. #20
    BigDawg's Avatar
    BigDawg is offline K-9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    06-15-06
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    5,312
    Rep Power
    1659728
    Ive always said the demise of America will come from with-in. It looks like that prediction is coming true.

    As people get more and more handouts, America becomes lazier and lazier. Those people then need more medical care because they are less self sufficient, and it just continues to spiral down hill.

    We then get other sections of society that demand they get the same benefits that the first group gets and it just escalates.

    Here is one idea; Everyone says that illegal immigrants work the jobs that none else wants. Why not require welfare recepients to work 20 hours a week in the fields or lose their benefits?
    "An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper


    Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!

    "Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
    -Ronald Reagan


    " I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
    General Norman Schwartzkopf

    Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
    (author unknown)


    The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •