Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Thumbs up Detroit Mayor faces felonious assault for pushing a police officer

LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox scheduled a 10 a.m. news conference Friday to possibly announce charges against Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, stemming from an investigation by the Michigan State Police into assault allegations. State police have wrapped up an investigation of a confrontation on July 24 between Kilpatrick and a sheriff's detective, who claims he was pushed while recently trying to serve a subpoena on the mayor's friend. > Local 4 learned Cox is charging Kilpatrick with one count of felonious assault on a police officer and one count of obstruction of justice. Kilpatrick's legal team was not optimistic, predicting that some type of charge was a "done deal." "If they want to bring the charges, let's go. It's the only way to get it resolved," attorney Jim Parkman said. Legal expert Mitch Ribitwer said these charges are the harshest charging decision the attorney general could have made.The mayor spent Thursday night in jail for violating his bond terms when he went to Canada on a quick business trip on July 23, without notifying prosecutors or the court.Kilpatrick is already facing perjury, misconduct and obstruction of justice charges for another incident where he is accused of lying under oath while testifying at a whistle-blower lawsuit last year.

It's about friggin time, that this thug learns he IS NOT above the law
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    That scum bag......
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Excellent, and it is about time.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How is the jury selection there? Will they let him off due to race?

Thread Information