Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Groom arrested for being too close to bride on wedding day, in violation of order of protection

A man landed in a heap of trouble on his wedding day: A court order had barred him from going near the bride, who happened to be his ex-wife.

Police say the man quarreled with a wedding guest over a chair during a house party just hours after he remarried his former wife in Batavia, N.Y., on Friday afternoon.

Officers alerted to the dispute knew the 45-year-old man from previous arrests and realized his bride had an order of protection against him.

The man was charged with first-degree criminal contempt, a felony, and was ordered jailed without bail. He's due to appear in court Tuesday.

The Daily News in Batavia says the man has previously violated orders of protection obtained by the woman and was convicted of criminal contempt most recently on July 1.

Associated Press Monday, August 11, 2008 4:15 PM CDT

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...3858512884.txt

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Ummmmm... Why in hell would she remarry the guy????
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Ummmmm... Why in hell would she remarry the guy????
    Because she loves him....duh!

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Some people are so stupid. If she was going to remarry the guy, wouldn't she at least get the restraining / protection order lifted? Or is this her ploy to get him into jail? Sounds like neither one of them have any brains. Maybe they both need to be locked up?

Oh, I am going to remarry him because I love him and can change him. Give me a break.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Most of all. you can't fix stupid so why even try? This is why LE has job security. Some people are so stupid that they talk themselves into jail. Right?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think I arrested them. That's way too redneck for NY. I think the charge was Aggravated First Degree Assault of brain cells.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Heck, both of them should be arrested for violation of that court order! She is just as guilty as him.

Years ago, in another sector, we got a radio run to Family Dispute call with an order of protection involved, (me and my partner find out it is a chronic location, that this women calls often) We find out she lets him in the night before, apparently they were out partying together, she lets him spend the night. The next morning she wants nothing to do with him and decides to call 911 and wave her order of protection in our faces. Well, she was not too happy when she, along with her ex husband, were both cuffed and collared for violation of court order (criminal contempt) I believe she was taught a lesson that day, I heard from the guys who had the steady sector that she never pulled that crap again.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    Heck, both of them should be arrested for violation of that court order! She is just as guilty as him.

Years ago, in another sector, we got a radio run to Family Dispute call with an order of protection involved, (me and my partner find out it is a chronic location, that this women calls often) We find out she lets him in the night before, apparently they were out partying together, she lets him spend the night. The next morning she wants nothing to do with him and decides to call 911 and wave her order of protection in our faces. Well, she was not too happy when she, along with her ex husband, were both cuffed and collared for violation of court order (criminal contempt) I believe she was taught a lesson that day, I heard from the guys who had the steady sector that she never pulled that crap again.
    Good idea! We have the same situation. The woman lets her boyfriend spend the night all the time, then says she has a protection order against him. Last time, she wouldn't let the officer see the paper.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    This is so classic it hurts.

Cross240 is offline Temporarily Civilianized
    Nothing says love like a restraining order......
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    This is job security to its' fullest!
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Thread Information