Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Just KC is offline Who?......Me?

Street name changed to honor slain officer

http://www.chp.ca.gov/pdf/media/08-28.pdf

The ending of this tragic story turns out pretty neat, IMO. Both suspects convicted, and the new address of the CHP station where this officer worked was changed to his badge number and name.

______________________________ ____________________

In appreciation for his service to Yolo County, the Woodland City Council has voted unanimously to change the street name and address number of the local California Highway Patrol (CHP) office to honor fallen CHP Officer Andrew Stevens.
    Officer Stevens was killed during a traffic stop on November 17, 2005 on a rural roadway outside of Woodland. The trial was recently completed with both suspects receiving verdicts of guilty on all counts related to Officer Stevens’ murder.
    "On behalf of the entire CHP family, we wish to extend our deepest appreciation to the Woodland City Council for their unanimous vote to recognize the sacrifice of Officer Andrew "Andy" Stevens," said CHP Assistant Commissioner Kevin Green. "By allowing this change, the Council has ensured that Andy will be long remembered for his contributions to the safety of the residents of Yolo County."
    "The memory of Andy and other members of the CHP who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty will forever serve as reminders to all of us about the dangers of our profession. This local honor serves as a reminder that the support of the public and local government remains a critical component in the CHP’s ability provide the highest levels of safety, service and security. "
    City Councilmember Jeff Monroe, a lieutenant with the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, spearheaded the effort to create a meaningful and permanent reminder about Officer Stevens’ dedication and service to the community. He and the other members of the Woodland City Council joined the Stevens Family at the short ceremony, which was held at the Woodland CHP office.
    The ceremony opened with a combined color guard from the Woodland Police Department, Yolo County Sheriff’s Department and the CHP and culminated in the unveiling of the new street sign. In addition to the street name change, the street address was changed to 13739, the badge number worn by Officer Stevens. The event was attended by representatives from local law enforcement agencies, local CHP offices and other public safety agencies.

The new address of the office is:
    California Highway Patrol
    Woodland Office
    13739 Andrews Stevens Drive
    Woodland, CA 95776.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    That is so cool to be remembered in such a way. I remember hearing when Ofc Stevens was taken down at that traffic stop. Glad to hear that the pos dirtbags were convicted. That was a hard year for the CHP, and CA as well. From Sept 2005 to Sept 2006 the CHP lost 7 men, one of them was from my local CHP office in Modesto. Our local area was already reeling from losing Howie Stevenson of Ceres PD about a year earlier. CA lost 18 in 2005 according to ODMP records.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/17988-officer-andrew-todd-(andy)-stevens

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Buttercup is online now Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That's a nice way to honor his service and his memory.

Thread Information