Welcome to the APBWeb.

Is Anyone following this case? (missing Caylee)

Could Missing Florida Tot Caylee Be in Atlanta?

The lawyer for Casey Anthony, mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, disclosed late Tuesday that the family had received a credible tip that a small child matching Caylee's description was seen boarding a flight to Atlanta at Orlando International Airport.

The tip was even more credible because the person reported that the little girl pronounced her last name the same way Caylee's grandparents say she does, attorney Jose Baez told FOX News.

The child's grandmother Cindy Anthony confirmed that the lead surfaced late Tuesday. She said the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando and was left on her voicemail. Cindy Anthony said she called the woman back and they talked.

The caller claimed to have seen Caylee board the flight with an older woman. When she talked to the woman and child, the youngster apparently said her name was Caylee "Antony," pronouncing it without the "h" the way Cindy Anthony says her granddaughter does. When asked her age, the little girl said she was 3; Caylee is almost 3 years old.

Meanwhile, a judge set bond at half a million dollars for Casey Anthony Tuesday after detectives testified that she is a "person of interest" in the little girl's disappearance.

Anthony, 22, has been jailed since last week and was hoping to win release at a bond hearing in Orange County, Fla. The whopping $500,000 she needs to post will make it difficult for Anthony to get her wish.

Prosecutors said the case is beginning to look like a homicide.

Anthony's attorney said there is circumstantial evidence of a possible killing, but not enough to give prosecutors the confidence to charge her with homicide, kidnapping or any similar offense.

Detectives revealed that Anthony had become more of a focus of their investigation into her daughter Caylee's disappearance after they found evidence of human decomposition in the trunk of a car she drove.

Detective Yuri Melich testified that strands of hair similar to those of Caylee Marie Anthony as well as dirt were found in the trunk of a car used by her mother.

The odor of "decomposition" was also detected in the vehicle, he told the judge presiding over Casey Anthony's bond hearing Tuesday afternoon.

"The smell I smelled was that of decomposition," Melich said.

When asked whether he considered the child's mother a suspect in her disappearance, Melich said he'd classify her as a "person of interest."

Melich also said a witness he interviewed remembered seeing bruises on Caylee's body and a mark under her eye without knowing that Melich had a photo showing similar marks on the toddler, who has been missing more than a month.

On cross examination, Melich admitted he didn't have any direct evidence that Casey Anthony played a part in her little girl's disappearance.

Investigators used cadaver dogs to search the child's grandparents' yard last week after a neighbor told them Anthony had asked to borrow a shovel around the time her daughter Caylee was last seen.

They have previously said that almost nothing Anthony has told them about her child's disappearance has checked out to be true. They haven't even been able to get information about the child's father, who Anthony has said is dead, Melich testified.

Also at Tuesday's hearing — held to argue over whether or not to release Casey from jail — the child's grandmother said her daughter is a good mom and hasn't committed a crime but has been dishonest before and has had trouble keeping jobs.

"Casey's lied to me in the past and when she's lied she's always told me the truth," Cindy Anthony said. "We've gotten to the bottom of the truth when I talk to her and spend time with her."

She told attorneys that her daughter is her "best friend outside my husband" and she had no reason to believe anything had happened to her granddaughter until last week because she'd "spoken to Casey on a daily basis."

"Without a doubt, she is a great mom," Cindy Anthony testified. "You can see it in her eyes. You can see it when they're together. There's nothing but love."

She said her daughter should be released from jail "because she hasn't committed a crime" and because she needs to help find Caylee.

Cindy Anthony speculated on the stand that someone was threatening her daughter and that's why she hasn't told the whole story about where Caylee is.

Earlier Tuesday, Cindy Anthony said Casey left the child in the care of someone she trusted, but that person betrayed her.

In an interview on FOX News Tuesday morning, she implied that her granddaughter might have been kidnapped.

Casey Anthony has been in prison since last week, when she finally reported her toddler daughter missing on Wednesday at her parents' urging.

Caylee was last seen June 9, according to Anthony — who investigators say has spun a Web of lies in their interviews with her. She was arrested on charges of child endangerment, making false officials statements and obstructing a criminal investigation.

Her attorney denies that his client has been lying to police and says she's been cooperating.

"My client at no time refused to speak with law enforcement," said lawyer Jose Baez at a Monday press conference. “We are focused on trying to find Caylee. We want to find Caylee.”

Anthony was denied bail at a hearing last week.

Cindy Anthony said her daughter "has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story."

"Casey has been trying to tell the police in her own way what she can tell them and the only unfortunate thing is, you know, they want a clear picture," Cindy Anthony told FOX News on Monday. "There's no clear picture. Casey has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story, so she's been honest with them for what she can be honest with."

Volunteers in the Orlando, Fla., were continuing to canvass neighborhoods this week, distributing about 50,000 fliers, according to MyFOX Orlando.

A local foundation and business owner were offering a new reward of a combined $125,000 for any information about Caylee's disappearance or whereabouts, MyFOX Orlando reported. The reward will be in effect for at least the next three months.

Orange County sheriff's detectives say they have few new leads. Authorities are looking into the family's claims that Casey Anthony received a mysterious call from her daughter last Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,389246,00.html
    ****************************** ****************************** **********************

This has been the most bizzar case I have seen play out on the news. The family seems to revile in the attention of the media.... at least the grandmother does. She holds "press conferences" almost daily

Now Casey Anthony (the mother) has some famous journalist posting her bond.... this and been very strage case to say the least.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think its bizarre with the answers Grandma is giving. She is stating that her daughter knows what happened but won't tell the police the whole story.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The grandmother and "mother" are nutcases. Right after the kid is suppose to have come up missing the mother was busy searching nightclubs for clues. The grandmother told the press that police cadaver dogs alerted to an old pizza in the back of the mother's car. I hope not to get a pizza from where they get theirs. What toppings are they getting?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

racing04 is offline Master Officer
    Hey- I have been following this story from day one..I just don't see how a mother or grandmother don't want to help find there child. Makes me sick!!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take,its measured by the moments that take our breath away

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The lawyer's full of shit. The kid's dead and at the bottom of the Everglades. The child's mother needs to ride Ol' Sparky and her mother can watch before she takes her turn.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BitchyMcBitcherson View Post
    "Casey's lied to me in the past and when she's lied she's always told me the truth," Cindy Anthony said. "We've gotten to the bottom of the truth when I talk to her and spend time with her."
    Really!?!? Nuf said.

Cindy Anthony said her daughter "has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story."

"
    Being guilty of murder is as good a reason as any to not tell Police the whole story...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by racing04 View Post
    Hey- I have been following this story from day one..I just don't see how a mother or grandmother don't want to help find there child. Makes me sick!!
    My first thought was they sold her to pay off a drug debt.

I thought it was hinky how Grandma went from desperate on the 911 calls, reporting her daughter as a car thief with the grand-daughter missing, to "every thing's okay, we just can't tell you the truth just yet."
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    The lawyer's full of shit. The kid's dead and at the bottom of the Everglades. The child's mother needs to ride Ol' Sparky and her mother can watch before she takes her turn.
    Exactly.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Really!?!? Nuf said.

Being guilty of murder is as good a reason as any to not tell Police the whole story...
    Of course the police will know that something is being hidden. It's their nature. Next thing you know you will be hearing the sound of cuffs tightening, then a metal door slamming shut and you won't be able to get out. Its possible that the next sound after that will be the zzzt sound of old Sparky frying your ass or one day you may never wake up from Mr Needle coming to visit you.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I've been following that story from the beginning, and I think you're absolutely right.

Thread Information