Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Blogs Explode with News of Lawsuit Claiming Obama is not a Natural-Born Citizen Therefore Ineligible for Presidency

Sor far, I have found no major news agency confirming this, but I just heard an interview with Phillip Berg on a radio talk show, so apparently the lawsuit is real even though the claims may or may not be.

One such blog posting:
    http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.js...81474977428212

Philip J. Berg, a former deputy attorney General, raises questions about the place of Barack Hussein's birth. He contends that Obama was born in Kenya and that his mother merely registered his birth in Hawaii.

According to Berg, inconsistent accounts of Obama's birth, including reports that he was born in two different hospitals--Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu, as well a profound lack of birthing records for Stanley Ann Dunham, though simple "registry of birth" records for Barack Obama are available in a Hawaiian public records office.

If Obama was really born in Kenya, Berg says, thelaws on the books at the time of Obama's birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and a non parent if the former is at least 19 years of age. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time and therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama couldn't be registered as a "natural born" citizen and is thus not eligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.
    This is claimed to be the actual lawsuit:
    The lawsuit in addition to claiming his mother married a Kenyan, in paragraph 17) also claims that he was born in Kenya.
    http://www.yallpolitics.com/images/BergvBHO.pdf

The Philly Daily News/Inquirer did have a short comment on their website about this, which seems to confirm the lawsuit, yet casts doubts on its claims - However it appears to have gotten the main substance of the lawsuit exactly backwards, that he was born in Kenya, not Hawaii:
    http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca..._fork_out.html

Raining on Barack's parade

Barack Obama's presidential campaign has faced so many false rumors about his family history that it has put his birth certificate on the Internet: he was born in Honolulu, nearly two years after Hawaii became a state, making Obama a U.S. citizen by birth.
    But that hasn't stopped Montgomery County lawyer Philip J. Berg from challenging Obama's qualifications to be president.

Berg, a Hillary Clinton supporter, announced he's filing a federal lawsuit today, claiming that Obama lost his citizenship when his mother relocated the family to Indonesia when Barack was a boy.

Under the law, however, moving to a foreign country does not negate an American's citizenship.

Berg said that he's acting on his own, not as an agent for the Clinton campaign. Republicans were prepared to file a similar lawsuit after the Democratic convention, he said

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Pretty sure Obama was born in Hawaii. This is not a story.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    The right is getting more and more desperate to find reasons for you NOT to vote for Obama. From the flag lapel pin thing to Rev. Wright. I don't understand why- I think is policies are reason enough alone not to vote for him.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ding, ding, ding

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Agreed, Rhino and Five-O....I have no problems with people who disagree with "Politician X's" plans and/or policies...but it's shit like this that makes trying to be an informed member of the electorate damn near impossible. It's becoming increasingly difficult to sort through the BS of spin that's pushed forth by ALL sides in an election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Yeah, it will probably backfire, so thank God the guy is a Hillary Clinton supporter, not a McCain supporter.

But I'm afraid you're correct, the egg will be on Republican faces because it will be spun as a Right-Wing scheme like the Swift Boat thing, whether any Republicans had anything to do with it or not.

(\__/)

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    What's funny is they were saying the same thing about McCain a few months ago, as he was born overseas. He also needed to get an official ruling on his elegibility.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Yeah, it will probably backfire, so thank God the guy is a Hillary Clinton supporter, not a McCain supporter.

But I'm afraid you're correct, the egg will be on Republican faces because it will be spun as a Right-Wing scheme like the Swift Boat thing, whether any Republicans had anything to do with it or not.
    I don't think this is anything like the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Organization.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    What's funny is they were saying the same thing about McCain a few months ago, as he was born overseas. He also needed to get an official ruling on his elegibility.
    I had totally forgotten about that, PDawg- but you're right. Notice how each of the two douchebag canidates are pretty much just accusing each other of the same thing at different times. Now it's where they were born. They've both accused the other of flip-flopping on issues (and both were right). I know there's more stuff, but it's too late for my brain to function properly.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Either way, the civil trial shoud be entertaining to follow, and it's guilt-free entertainment since no Republicans are involved.

The challenge to McCain's birthplace was laughable - An American military base is considered American soil just like the grounds of an American embassy. Who in their right mind would ever question that?

On the other hand, if Obama was born in Kenya (which remains to be seen but is a plausible possibility since his mother married a Kenyan), there is no indication that it was on a military base or embassy grounds. If the claims are true about him being born in Kenya to a mother who married a Kenyan, then Obama can win all the elections he wants to - but I don't think he could ever legally be inaugurated, so it woud trigger a Supreme Court challenge.

Even though the Temporary Restraining Order against the DNC was refused, the main test for this lawsuit would be the civil trial, which looks like a real possibility - That trial in itself would not decide who gets elected as President, but it may bring out evidence for a Constitutional challenge in the Supreme Court to determine the President again, even though his birthplace is a technicality.

I don't think this is anything like Swift Boat either - The Swift Boat veterans were in solid agreement about Kerry's exploits so their claims were completely believable (and directly related to the issues in the race). But that didn't stop the Democrats spun it as an ambush and conspiracy led by a rich far-right Republican.

In my mind, this has a very small chance of ever being proven even if it's true - but if it is proven, then the outcome is pre-determined: Either Obama could not be inagurated, or he would be forced out of office and Joe Biden would become President depending on when the decision went into effect. I would settle for Joe Biden in a heartbeat.

(\__/)

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    It's quite plausible that Obama's 18-year-old mama secretly flew from her home in Hawaii to Kenya just to give birth, and then secretly smuggled Baby Barack back in her carry-on luggage, because she knew someday he would run for President!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It's quite plausible that Obama's 18-year-old mama secretly flew from her home in Hawaii to Kenya just to give birth, and then secretly smuggled Baby Barack back in her carry-on luggage, because she knew someday he would run for President!
    Hmmm - You have a point there. What would be her motivation to do that? Maybe she just didn't want him to loose his American citizenship.

(\__/)

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I'm guessing he was also baptized as a Muslim while he was there.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Even the Democrats are getting involved:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=73214

WorldNetDaily reports
    Democrat sues Sen. Obama over 'fraudulent candidacy'
    Lawsuit disputing U.S. citizenship based in part on discredited claims

A prominent Pennsylvania Democrat has sued Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission, claiming that Obama is not a natural-born citizen and, therefore, is not eligible to be president of the United States.
    Philip J. Berg, a former member of Pennsylvania's Democratic State Committee and former deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania, filed the lawsuit this week in U.S District Court, asking the court to declare Obama ineligible for the presidency and to prevent him from running for the position.
    However, a WND investigation has found that at least part of Berg's lawsuit relies on discredited claims.
    A separate motion was also filed seeking a temporary restraining order on Obama's presidential campaign until Obama's eligibility can be verified.

Rumors have been floating for quite a while. Annenberg factcheck.org says they've seen, held, smelled, tasted the real birth certificate and it's legit. But at least the published ones like the one on mybarack.org (Obama's blogger/debunking site) are apparently not.

http://sunlituplands.blogspot.com/20...rtificate.html

Expert: Obama's Fake Birth Certificate Forged From Original of a Woman
    We'll see, I hope soon, how the rumors will shake out now someone is taking action.

Gonna get interestinger, I'm sure. Especially since as of today I have still not heard Hillary releasing her delegates to vote for Obama. Could this become the "October Surprise", but D-on-D rather than cross-party?
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information