Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Jumping into a cop car and fighting the Deputy while telling him your high on mushrooms is a bad thing

A man allegedly high on mushrooms jumped headfirst into a Marion County sheriff's patrol car and fought with the deputy until a police dog intervened, officials said.
    About 3 a.m. Friday, Senior Deputy Jerry Wollenschlaeger came upon a black Jeep Cherokee parked near Hawthorne Avenue SE and State Street.
    A man identified as Evan David Thomas Adams, 19, of West Salem was walking away from the Jeep. Thinking the man was having car trouble, Wollenschlaeger pulled up alongside him and rolled down the patrol car's passenger window to ask him what was wrong.
    "He seemed like a nice guy, and the next thing you know, he's jumping into the patrol car," Wollenschlaeger said.
    The man lunged across toward Wollenschlaeger, who unfastened his seat belt, opened his driver's side door and pinned the man down.
    Wollenschlaeger said the two shared a short conversation that went something like this:
    "What's the matter with you?"
    "I'm high on mushrooms, dude."
    The man continued to struggle, and the fight spilled out of the vehicle and into the southbound lanes of Hawthorne Avenue. Meanwhile, Wollenschlaeger's police dog, Yo, remained enclosed in the backseat.
    While still holding on to the man, Wollenschlaeger reached for his radio-operated door opener to let out Yo and gave orders to bite the man.
    Salem police Cpl. Don Parise arrived to help, and the man was placed in handcuffs.
    Adams was arrested on charges of assaulting a police officer, interfering with a police animal, second-degree criminal mischief, driving under the influence of intoxicants and unlawful entry into a motor vehicle, said Undersheriff Jason Myers, a sheriff's spokesman.
    The vehicle belonged to Adams' father; the unlawful entry into a motor vehicle charge was for the deputy's patrol car, Myers said.
    Adams told deputies that he was under the influence of psilocybin mushrooms, Myers said.
    "He said he just didn't want to drive anymore and got out and decided to go for a walk," Wollenschlaeger said. "He knew he had to talk to somebody."
    Adams suffered dog bites to his legs and minor scrapes to his face and was taken to Santiam Memorial Hospital in Stayton, Myers said. Adams then was booked into the Marion County jail.
    Wollenschlaeger, a 10-year veteran, suffered minor bruises and sprains from the incident. Worse for the wear was his AR-15 patrol rifle in his patrol car, which he found later was jammed from the scuffle.
    "It's a little bit of like, wow, I was just trying to help someone and check if they were OK, and 'boom,'" he said.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good reason not to put your patrol car (or any other car for that matter) in park when first encountering people in unknown situations.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Good reason not to put your patrol car (or any other car for that matter) in park when first encountering people in unknown situations.
    Or to drive up next to them.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    And this, "my friend" and I use the term loosely, is why you never mess with the cops, especially one with a K-9. At least the idiot warned the officer what was up with him. Glad the deputy is OK and that his dog got to find out what a drug induced dumbshit tastes like.

This could have gone much worse. Be Safe out there, guys.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I bet he's going to have interesting interpretations of what happened when he sobers up.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-05-11, 07:46 PM

Thread Information