Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Man tries to amputate own arm

How to get a free meal at Denny's...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...-attempt_N.htm
    Calif. man tries to amputate own arm

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) Police say a man tried to cut off his own arm at a restaurant in Modesto, Calif., because he thought he had injected air into a vein while shooting cocaine and feared he would die unless he took drastic action.

Authorities say 33-year-old Michael Lasiter rushed into the Denny's restaurant late Friday and started stabbing himself in one arm with a butter knife he grabbed from a table.

They say that when that knife didn't work Lasiter took a butcher knife from the kitchen and dug it into his arm.

Police Sgt. Brian Findlen says Lasiter told officers he thought he needed to amputate his arm to keep himself from dying from the cocaine injection.

Lasiter was taken to a hospital for treatment of severe cuts.
    The Denny's closed for the night.

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    If only cocaine was legalized, all of these problems would stop!!!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    If only cocaine was legalized, all of these problems would stop!!!
    Yeah, because keeping it illegal is obviously working.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Yeah, because keeping it illegal is obviously working.

No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd rather lock them up than put it on the menu at Dennys.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    WTF, how did I miss this one. I wonder which Denny's it was, Modesto has three of them.

Only in Modesto.....would you find someone stupid enough to do this. Yet I'm not the least bit surprised. Does it cost and arm and a leg to eat there? Maybe next time he should try shooting it in his neck.

Ok, now I know which one. AP left that information out. Both McHenry locations are in older parts of town, not surprised that it happed at this one in the least. Stupid Dumbass Druggie!!! The Vagabond Hotel next door has long been known for suspicious activity.

http://www.modbee.com/1623/story/412962.html

Man tries to cut off arm inside Modesto restaurant

last updated: August 30, 2008 05:34:15 PM

A 33-year-old man who tried cutting off his arm inside a busy Denny's restaurant because he believed it would save his life was arrested Friday night, according to Modesto police.

According to Sgt. Brian Findlen, Michael Lasiter, 33, of Modesto had been injecting cocaine in a nearby motel when he thought he had injected air into his veins, which can lead to death.

Findlen said the man believed that if he cut off his arm, he could save himself from dying.

Lasiter entered the restaurant at 1525 McHenry Ave. about 10:15 p.m. and grabbed a butter knife off a customer's table and began stabbing himself in the right arm near the biceps. When that didn't work, he ran into the kitchen and got a butcher knife and started "digging the knife into his arm," Findlen said.

Police arrived almost immediately and isolated the man. A few minutes later, they used a taser to subdue him.

"He wouldn't obey a substantial number of commands and continued to stab himself," Findlen said. "There were some tense moments, but a lot of patrons didn't know what was going on."

Lasiter was arrested and taken to a Modesto hospital to treat severe cuts to his arm.

Findlen has been in law enforcement for 11 years, and said he had "never seen anything like that before."

He said the restaurant closed for the evening to clean up.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    MMMMM fresh meat
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    That wasn't blood.......just ketchup!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Yeah the guy probably thought he was a tomato. Want fries with that?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information