Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Suicidal Woman Killed by Police

Based on the article it sounds like a good shoot but a sucky spot to be in for the cops.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....423f6410.html
    Suicidal woman killed by Fort Worth police identified

06:03 PM CDT on Thursday, September 4, 2008

By DAN X. McGRAW and TAYLOR SHORT / The Dallas Morning News
    dmcgraw@dallasnews.com
    The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office today identified Sheena Bivens as the woman fatally shot by a Fort Worth police officer Wednesday night after shooting herself and pointing a gun the officer.
    Two patrol officers found Ms. Bivens, 23, slumped over her steering wheel and crying in her blue Ford Taurus with no lights on about 10:40 p.m. in the 4300 block of Sansom Park Drive near Meacham Airport, authorities said.
    As one officer placed his hand on her shoulder to console her, Ms. Bivens leaned back and officers noticed a .22 caliber pistol in her lap, said Lt. Paul Henderson, a Fort Worth police spokesman. The woman then shot herself in the head, but it did not kill her, Lt. Henderson said.
    She then pointed the gun at the officer who had approached the passenger side. That officer fired his weapon, hitting her twice in the chest, Lt. Henderson said.
    She was pronounced dead at the scene by the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office.
    Police believe Ms. Bivens had been writing a suicide note when the officers approached her.
    The case will be forwarded to a grand jury. Fort Worth police said the initial investigation showed that the shooting was justified because of the threat to police. The two officers will not be put on administrative leave because it is not required under department policy, Lt. Henderson said.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Well, I guess she got what she wished for.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

oldtrooper is offline Rookie
    Been there and done that. If they want that bad enough you can't prevent it happening in almost every case. A hostage situation and we stopped the vehicle for the county sheriff. The sheriff arrived about three minutes behind them but before that the perp had a Charter Arms snub in the back of the womans head and there were three kids in the vehicle. He looked at us and made this statement "pull that trigger good buddy I'm gonna make one of you kill me before we leave here today". Just after that the sheriff walks up and would not stop and listen to me.The sheriff talked the perp into getting out and going with him after he handed me his pistol. The perp had his pistol pressed into the sheriff's side as they walked to the sheriff's vehicle as we walked behind them about ten feet and the sheriff stated Captain back off I can handle this.

The perp shot the sheriff in the side and as he was swinging the muzzle to bear on us he got his wish.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Oh man.......hate reading stuff like this. Incredibly sad.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Thread Information