Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO

Oprah... The Queen "B"

I don't expect too many around here watch Oprah.. At least I hope not.

BIG DILEMMA: OPRAH BALKS AT HOSTING SARAH PALIN; STAFF DIVIDED
    Fri Sep 05 2008 08:55:46 ET

Oprah Winfrey may have introduced Democrat Barack Obama to the women of America -- but the talkshow queen is not rushing to embrace the first woman on a Republican presidential ticket!

Oprah's staff is sharply divided on the merits of booking Sarah Palin, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

One executive close to Winfrey is warning any Palin ban could ignite a dramatic backlash!

It is not clear if Oprah has softened her position after watching Palin's historic convention speech.

Last year, Winfrey blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

Oprah and executive producer Sheri Salata, who has contributed thousands of dollars to Obama's campaign, refused requests for comment.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Oprah is a lier

OPRAH'S STATEMENT: "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.

She endorsed Nobama on her show even came to SC to campaign for him. SHE IS A LIER. I hope the Federal Elections Commission investigate her

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    So the truth is out. She endorsed color instead of gender. Big deal.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    So the truth is out. She endorsed color instead of gender. Big deal.
    Big surprise, shes a bleeding heart liberal with an agenda.... Isn't almost everyone in Hollywood or the media the same way? I would expect no different from her. I have never thought that highly of her anyway.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    No big loss for Palin
    Arm the sheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinki View Post
    No big loss for Palin
    Actually it is. You'd be amazed at the housewives who think Oprah is a goddess. That could have helped her out alot to have that endorsement. I don't think she'd need it in the end, but I'd like to see her and McCain beat Obama by and landslide.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Actually it is. You'd be amazed at the housewives who think Oprah is a goddess. That could have helped her out alot to have that endorsement. I don't think she'd need it in the end, but I'd like to see her and McCain beat Obama by and landslide.
    That may be so, but do you think Oprah would have made it go well for Palin even if she did bring her on the show?
    Arm the sheep!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    More importantly, will Oprah pay off her mother's $155,000.00 clothing account that is past due?

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2008/09...-sued-for-155k

FWIW, IMO Oprah is a two-faced individual. She is not an equal opportunity employer and is highly impressed with her rotund self. She lost my respect when she went to Africa and spent all of that money for a girl's school instead of doing the same thing in her own community. Granted, it is her money and she can do with it what she wants. But, as the old saying goes, Charity begins at home; and, she lives in the USA - United States of America not the Union of South Africa.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinki View Post
    That may be so, but do you think Oprah would have made it go well for Palin even if she did bring her on the show?
    If Palin can stand on her own, without a script......then she will win the presidency for McCain. Oprah would have just given her a wider base that she wouldn't otherwise get, because Oprah's follwers are almost like zombies. Its like whatever she says was written in stone.

How many times have you heard this:

"I heard on Oprah the other day......"

If she was on the show then that is as good as an endorsement. Oprah knows this. Which is why she won't have her there. Takes votes away from Obama.

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I can't believe she's backing down from a chance to help liberate a fellow woman.....not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    If Palin can stand on her own, without a script......then she will win the presidency for McCain. Oprah would have just given her a wider base that she wouldn't otherwise get, because Oprah's follwers are almost like zombies. Its like whatever she says was written in stone.

How many times have you heard this:

"I heard on Oprah the other day......"

If she was on the show then that is as good as an endorsement. Oprah knows this. Which is why she won't have her there. Takes votes away from Obama.

LOL I dont disagree with you, but I really haven't heard that around but then again most of the women in my office don't really watch Oprah. Believe it or not, there seems to be some support for Palin in my office, even though it is almost exclusively Democrat (I think I'm the only Republican). They seemed to like the Pitbull with lipstick comment
    Arm the sheep!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    More importantly, will Oprah pay off her mother's $155,000.00 clothing account that is past due?

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2008/09...-sued-for-155k

FWIW, IMO Oprah is a two-faced individual. She is not an equal opportunity employer and is highly impressed with her rotund self. She lost my respect when she went to Africa and spent all of that money for a girl's school instead of doing the same thing in her own community. Granted, it is her money and she can do with it what she wants. But, as the old saying goes, Charity begins at home; and, she lives in the USA - United States of America not the Union of South Africa.
    I'm not an Oprah fan and I agree that charity begins at home, but I do have to give credit where credit is due whether I like her or agree with her politics or not. Yes, she built that school in S. Africa and donates to other countries, but she also donates very heavily in the U.S. Among other things she donated millions after Katrina, she's built a Boy and Girls Club in Mississippi, she gives scholarships to U.S. students, donated to U.S. colleges and she's given millions to private schools as well (including Miss Porter's School, which one wouldn't think needs that type of donation, quite frankly). One of her foundations (which is also partially funded by public donations) gives regular and generous grants to many US inner city nonprofit outreach organizations.

Also, MonsterMash is right - there are a lot of housewives as well as other women and men who think that Oprah is a goddess and live by her words. She should have had Palin on her show.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Oprah is basically ignorant. While she actually may have had a couple of shows that highlight a real problem, she's had many more that promote no self-responsibility. But she is simply an entertainer. She has no real message to send. Day-time TV at it's best. No real message- just "feel good" messages.

Hell, most of her better shows centered on her losing weight. Here's a new flash for you- Lady, you're fat. You will always be fat. The fact that you try a diet for a few months and lose some weight isn't a real plus. You keep gaining the weight back. If she finally lost the weight and kept it off, I'd have a much higher opinion of her. But she loses it and makes it her showcase, then she regains it. Not a successful outcome.

She also preaches the liberal line that guns are evil, but has armed bodyguards to watch over her and her kids. Screw that.

In short, she's just more noise that is passed off as entertainment.

Oh... did I mention she's fat. Not that there's anything wrong with that. There are some guys that like fat chicks.

But she is fat.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CT209 View Post
    Oprah is basically ignorant. While she actually may have had a couple of shows that highlight a real problem, she's had many more that promote no self-responsibility. But she is simply an entertainer. She has no real message to send. Day-time TV at it's best. No real message- just "feel good" messages.

Hell, most of her better shows centered on her losing weight. Here's a new flash for you- Lady, you're fat. You will always be fat. The fact that you try a diet for a few months and lose some weight isn't a real plus. You keep gaining the weight back. If she finally lost the weight and kept it off, I'd have a much higher opinion of her. But she loses it and makes it her showcase, then she regains it. Not a successful outcome.

She also preaches the liberal line that guns are evil, but has armed bodyguards to watch over her and her kids. Screw that.

In short, she's just more noise that is passed off as entertainment.

Oh... did I mention she's fat. Not that there's anything wrong with that. There are some guys that like fat chicks.

But she is fat.
    I thought she'd been skinny for quite some time now...I know she ran some marathon somewhere. Hard to get that done if you're a fatass.

The question is, however, if she were fat, would Brad want to do her? He would be very conflicted...a liberal TV superstar, but a sweet, plump voluptuous body? What's a man to do?!?!?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This will hurt Oprah more than it will hurt Palin. Everyone knows she's playing partisan and I suspect a lot of the housewives who watch Oprah are going to be angry.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

The question is, however, if she were fat, would Brad want to do her? He would be very conflicted...a liberal TV superstar, but a sweet, plump voluptuous body? What's a man to do?!?!?!?!?!?

Drop it like it's hot! KIDDING!

Thread Information