Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Just KC is offline Who?......Me?

Mom kept dead son in trunk

http://news.aol.com/article/mom-kept...ops-say/165885

And check out her name
    This story gets more and more bizarre as you read it....

GREAT FALLS, Mont. (Sept. 9) - The body of a toddler found in the trunk of his mother's car may have been there for months as she drove around town, evaded questions about him and was even arrested, police said.
    The mother, Summer ManyWhiteHorses, was charged Monday with deliberate homicide. Authorities say the body of her 2-year-old son, James, was found Friday in the trunk of her car more than six weeks after it was towed to a wrecking yard when she was arrested.

Deputy County Attorney Joel Thompson said authorities have yet to determine how or when the boy died. An autopsy is being conducted. According to court records, ManyWhiteHorses told police the boy's death was an accident, and that she placed his body in the car's trunk on May 29.
    ManyWhiteHorses was being held on $250,000 bail. During a brief court hearing, she appeared without an attorney and was provided forms for a public defender.
    Personnel at the Cascade County Detention Center turned away a reporter's attempt to speak with her Monday because it was outside visiting hours.
    ManyWhiteHorses was first arrested July 21, after authorities said she was driving erratically. As police attempted to pull her over, she drove through several stoplights and crashed into a parked car. Her 11-year-old daughter was in the back seat and, unknown to police, the toddler's body was apparently in the trunk, authorities said.
    Police officers did not search the trunk, and the car was towed. ManyWhiteHorses was arrested, and child welfare officials began looking into placing the daughter into state custody.
    ManyWhiteHorses was given misdemeanor citations in connection with the crash and later released from jail. Authorities said she did not retrieve her car even though she was free to do so.
    Child welfare officials moved for custody of the daughter in August and were trying to determine the boy's whereabouts.
    During the investigation, authorities learned that ManyWhiteHorses told relatives the state had taken the toddler long ago, that state officials were told initially the child was in Browning and then later that he was in Portland, Ore.
    "Her stories varied based upon who she was talking to," said police Detective Bruce McDermott.
    Police were brought into the case last week after child welfare agents could not verify the toddler's location. A short time later, ManyWhiteHorses told officers the toddler, who had autism, had died in late May, according to court records. ManyWhiteHorses told police she put the body in the trunk, wrapped in a blanket inside a garbage bag, the affidavit said.
    Officers went to the wrecking yard and found the boy's body in the trunk, authorities said.
    ManyWhiteHorses' aunt, Ernestine Small, said she had taken care of the two children during ManyWhiteHorses' prior run-ins with the law. Small had been hoping to take custody again this summer, but was told by ManyWhiteHorses that the toddler had been placed in foster care.
    "Nobody expected this," Small said in an interview at the courthouse. "I know she gets violent, but never thought she would do this to her baby."
    Both prosecutors and police said the officers followed the law by not searching the trunk after ManyWhiteHorses' July 21 arrest, saying legal cause and a search warrant would have been needed.
    "Police had no reason to believe there was anything of evidentiary value in the trunk," McDermott said.
    Small, ManyWhiteHorses' aunt, said the officers could not have known to search the trunk.
    "Why would they?" she said.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    And this, ladies and germs, is why you always check the trunk on a vehicle inventory. No matter what happens to the copper that missed the body of a toddler when he towed a car, he'll never feel like a bigger douche.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Summer ManyWhiteHorses
    Yeah, the name is kind of unusual but it appears that the woman in question is Indian (Native American). They do stuff like that with their surnames. Probably anglicized from their tribes native tongue. Reservations are all over the country but predominately in the northern, southern, mid-western and western parts of the US. I know of a family in my town that goes by the surname of Not Help Him. An ancestor of theirs did something to cause shame to the tribe and was banished, never to return. What ever it was must have been pretty bad to have to use that as a surname and cause their descendants such anguish.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    What can even be said about this, I'm sure some special interest group will use her as a cause for something.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Thread Information