Welcome to the APBWeb.
    gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up New I-35W Bridge Opens in Minneapolis

13 1/2 months after the 35W bridge collapsed into the Mississippi River, the replacement bridge opened this morning at 0500 hours. A procession of cars was led across the bridge by MN State Patrol, Minneapolis PD, Minneapolis Fire, and Hennepin County Medical Center ambulances. There's a video link in the story that shows the opening.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S584366.shtml?cat=1

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The new Interstate 35W bridge is open in Minneapolis, a little more than a year after the last one collapsed into the Mississippi River.

A procession of vehicles led by state troopers, emergency vehicles and state highway trucks led motorists across the bridge in both directions shortly after 5 a.m. Thursday.

Traffic was heavy as a mix of cars, motorcycles, trucks and buses started streaming across the bridge. Vehicles moved slowly at first, but then picked up speed.

Many vehicles honked their horns as they drove across and a few motorists waved American flags.

The old bridge collapsed on August 1, 2007, killing 13 people and injuring 145.

The new bridge has 323 sensors that will generate an extensive record of how it handles the stresses and strains of traffic and Minnesota's harsh climate.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Amazing, thanks for sharing
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    That is awesome!! I was actually going to ride in that group of motorcycles, but I was unable to make it.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Late arrest krauty?
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Late arrest krauty?
    No, I was off...just a very long night out.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by krauty View Post
    No, I was off...just a very long night out.
    Did you come back down by me?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Did you come back down by me?
    Nope, I stayed in my area...I will be down there 1st weekend in November though. I'll give you a call when it gets closer to the date.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by krauty View Post
    Nope, I stayed in my area...I will be down there 1st weekend in November though. I'll give you a call when it gets closer to the date.
    Sounds good!

Even though I'll probably be working, again.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information