Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Bill Clinton has kind words for the Palins

Bill Clinton had some simple words of advice to offer Sarah Palin’s husband: “Keep that smile. Don’t get defensive.”
    The former president, in an interview with FOX News’ Greta Van Susteren that aired Tuesday night, also said he found Todd Palin an “interesting guy,” particularly for his fame in Alaska as a snowmobile racer. And Clinton added that the Palins “obviously love each other.”
    “It looks to me like they’ve got a pretty good relationship,” Clinton said, responding to questions about the experience of being the husband of a prominent politician — in his case, Hillary Clinton, senator from New York and the runner-up in the Democratic presidential primary race.
    Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska, is John McCain’s running mate on the Republican presidential ticket. Her husband sometimes is known as the “first dude” back in their home state.
    After leaving the White House early in 2001, Bill Clinton said he tried to give his newly elected wife support without stealing her thunder.
    “The trick is to give support that is unambiguous and clear, and to also be there for advice privately, but to do it in way that doesn’t in any way make her look weak,” he said.
    Clinton also talked with Van Susteren about his Clinton Global Initiative, as well as his support for Barack Obama, the Democratic candidate for president.
    Clinton responded to a question about Obama’s controversial pastor only after a long pause — and then, by saying, “we don’t have to go there because Senator Obama left the church.”
    He wouldn’t say whether he thought Sen. McCain would be bad for America, but he thinks that Obama and his running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, are more qualified to improve the country’s position in the world and its economic stability.
    “For me the most important thing is, who is going to make decisions that affect the American people in a positive way,” he said.

Kate is offline Corporal
    Bill Clinton is just a dirty old man. He's saying all those nice things about Todd because he really just wants to boink Sarah.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Regardless of motives, it's nice to know that there's at least ONE Dem who isn't bashing Palin. And just based on what's written here, I wonder if ole Bill isn't leaning a little more towards the right in his own personal views and only endorsing Obama because, well, because he's Clinton.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Bill Clinton is just a dirty old man. He's saying all those nice things about Todd because he really just wants to boink Sarah.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    Regardless of motives, it's nice to know that there's at least ONE Dem who isn't bashing Palin. And just based on what's written here, I wonder if ole Bill isn't leaning a little more towards the right in his own personal views and only endorsing Obama because, well, because he's Clinton.

I'm kinda leaning to your way of thinking. I think both him and Hillary are both just giving lip service to Obama. I think they would like to see McCain win so she can try and make a run in 2012
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    He's been pretty clear cut in his latest interviews that he thinks Obama/Biden will serve the country best. I get the feeling he doesn't have the same personal relationship with Obama as he does with McCain (hell, he even said in his Daily Show Intervew a couple of nights ago that he and McCain go a ways back), but he also makes the distinction that a presidential election "(and I'm paraphrasing here, but I'm pretty sure it's nearly a direct quote) isn't about which candidate you love the most, it's about which candidate loves you the most..which one will serve your interests better, and that man is Barack Obama especially if you're middle to lower income.." I like that someone on a national level is reminding people that this one's about picking which ever dude is better suited to run the country, not which one looks the coolest or talks the best or whatever.

On a side note, man I miss Clinton. I know I'm about to get beat up on in here, but I loved that guy, and I think he's actually gotten cooler since he's been out of office.

EDIT: You know, instead of trying to paraphrase quote him, here's the video
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...-clinton-pt.-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I miss Clinton. I know I'm about to get beat up on in here, but I loved that guy.
    Many others have been beaten up for having loved that guy!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I think McCain is a Democrat in Republican clothes, so I'm not surprised that Clinton is torn.

I'll be voting for McCain strictly as the lesser of two evils, and hoping that Palin takes the reins in 4 years.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Where do you see that he's torn, Chuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Where do you see that he's torn, Chuck?
    I can't speak for Chuck, but I do believe someone else touched on it.

I'm pretty sure Bill thinks Hillary still has a shot if John wins.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure Palin will be *it* in 2012 if John wins.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

On a side note, man I miss Clinton. I know I'm about to get beat up on in here, but I loved that guy, [/url]
    Bob, were you ever a White House Intern?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information