Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Monmouth Officers busted partying with underage girls in uniform

MONMOUTH - Residents say rumors about Monmouth cops, alcohol and underage drinking have been floating around town for months.
    Pictures that recently surfaced speak for themselves. The photos were taken last summer at Monmouth cop Terry Hepner's home. The girls in the photos are drinking - and they're underage. Officer Randy Ewing stands smiling in between them. He was on-duty at the time.
    "On camera - how stupid can you be?" asked Yancy Bolon. He was picked up for underage drinking and spent 15 days in jail.
    "I think the same criminal charges apply for everyone in America," he said angrily. "I guess if you have a badge, it doesn't apply to you."
    The photos were shot last summer. A few months ago - they mysteriously surfaced at several businesses.. Not many people wanted to talk about them - Hilary Nichols isn't surprised.
    "These people are all friends, they're working together to save their jobs," she said. "I think they should get in the same amount of trouble anyone else would"
    Monmouth Police Chief Brad Ziegler says he's very disappointed with the incident. The officers were disciplined in September. He wouldn't say what their punishment was, but did say the situation's been resolved. All 3 cops there that night are now back on duty.
    "What if that girl drove in a car and got killed," said Bolon.
    One of the girls in the photo tells Newschannel8 the situation's been blown out of proportion. She says the cops didn't buy them the alcohol - they got it from a friend. Bolon says he doesn't care who supplied it - the officers should've lost their jobs.
    "These guys are smiling, laughing, I work hard and I'm paying for them to do this," he said.
    Prosecutors didn't file any criminal charges against the officers. Warren County State's Attorney Chip Algren says he didn't receive any complaints from the girls' parents.

Curt581 is offline Whatever
    Verified LEO
    Was it stupid? Yes, it was, no question.

But the people interviewed, like the teen that got busted, are just spouting sour grapes. "If I get arrested, everyone should". If he'd have been the teen in the photo, I bet he'd be the one saying it was blown out of proportion.

As for the others... Strange how people sing a different song when it THEIR kid that gets busted. Then they cry about their innocent little sweethearts.

This is the media at work. Pit one group against the other. Any drama they can dig up to sell advertising space is good to go.

PACMAN is offline Officer
    dam one of my buddies is staring work for that department next week...I will see if he will join the board....

WAMBAUGHREADER is offline Fattest, cop, ever.
    hey pacman, if he does join, think he'll invite me to one of the parties?
    Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Dont forget the pictures

MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    Get one of him doing a keg stand.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Prometheus is offline Senior Member
    The title is kinda misleading. I thought the underage girls were in uniform!
    "Look, just give me some inner peace or I'll mop the floor with you!"

WAMBAUGHREADER is offline Fattest, cop, ever.
    Just to clarify: underage references under the legal drinking age in this article, not under the age of consent.
    now back to our regularly scheduled mysoginy.
    Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    What the whining citizens dont realize is that the suspensions that the officers likely served cost far more financialy than the criminal fines would have been. In Ca, serving alcohol to a minor is a $100 fine for each violation.

If I was the chief, Im not sure if I would have fired them. It would depend on past discipline if any. I have to question the fitness for duty of anyone that is so stupid.

PACMAN is offline Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMBAUGHREADER
    hey pacman, if he does join, think he'll invite me to one of the parties?
    ohhh yeah he is a great guy but he is about to be ruined....he is getting married in October.....time to find another single friend to make me feel young...

Thread Information