Results 1 to 6 of 6
10-01-08, 06:05 PM #1
Political looney toon Cynthia McKinney claiming the National Guard murdered 5,000 prisoners in the wake of Katrina
It wouldn’t be an election cycle without Cynthia McKinney’s lunacy, and fortunately she hasn’t shied away from providing it. Here, we watch as the Green Party’s endorsed presidential candidate accuses National Guard soldiers of committing 5,000 murders of prisoners in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
If you think that this is the kind of insanity one normally hears from Alex Jones, well ... you'd be right! The conspiracy theorists on the Left and the Right tend to embrace each other at a certain point, just south of rationality. For these people, little points like evidence and common sense provide no obstacles at all to paranoia and fantasy.
For instance, let’s skip past the extremely weak sourcing McKinney uses to make her charges and go right to some obvious points. Wouldn’t the families of these 5,000 prisoners wonder what happened to them? And which prisoners, specifically, have not been accounted for? At least a few names of people who were in Louisiana state custody before Katrina and then not in custody afterwards would provide a starting point for any investigation. And it’s possible to lose a few bodies in the Louisiana swamps, but not even that legendary territory could hide 5,000 of them at once without a few of the locals taking notice.
Normally, we’d dismiss this kind of idiocy, but this is no ordinary idiot. McKinney is a former member of Congress and a candidate for President on a party that wants to claim national legitimacy. She is also known for assaulting a U.S. Capital Police Officer and crying racism. This shows the intellectual level of the Greens, but it also puts in play yet another baseless conspiracy theory about Katrina and its aftermath. We’ll be hearing this lie for the next few years, thanks to McKinney.
10-02-08, 04:04 AM #2
She does have an impressive resume:
- helped create her old House seat through race-based gerrymandering;
- was a member of the extremely radical Progressive Caucus;
- has a voting record that is applauded by the AFL-CIO, NARAL, and the NEA, a teacher's union that bears heavy responsibility for the current sorry state of affairs in education;
- has voted to legalize killing babies even after they are born;
- has voted against safeguards to prevent fraudulent voting;
- has refused to vote to condemn the rabidly racist lunatics at Nation of Islam;
- has taken every possible opportunity to express her hostility toward Israel;
- has taken massive political campaign contributions from radical Muslims;
- begged for the $10 million Rudy Giuliani turned down after 9/11 from Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal — money that came attached to the message that we deserved what we got for supporting Israel;
- publicly said, "We know there were numerous warnings of the events to come on September 11. What did this administration know and when did it know it, about the events of September 11th? Who else knew, and why did they not warn the innocent people of New York who were needlessly murdered?….What do they have to hide?";
- supported brutal Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe's policy of confiscating land from Caucasians; and;
- counted the Association of Trial Lawyers of America as one of her biggest campaign contributors.
The above from http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
That blog sums it up nicely for me. She's a moonbat. An extremely racist moonbat at that."When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders
Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.
10-02-08, 04:33 AM #3
Its the flourescent lighting.. that's what it is.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
- Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America
Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
That from the nunnery
Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
To war and arms I fly. - Lovelace
The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.
10-02-08, 10:09 AM #4
You know what they would call that story if it was true......................
A good start.
Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com
10-02-08, 12:53 PM #5
Don't forget, kids: She's also running for president."If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton
10-02-08, 01:14 PM #6
I wish I had known about the National Guard's plans , I could have sent them a couple dozen prisoners.SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM-Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"
"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
-General Omar Bradley, United States Army
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)