Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

20 year old student sets off homemade bomb on campus to get out of school for the day...5 students injured

MELBOURNE, Fla. -- The man suspected of setting off a homemade bomb at Brevard Community College was arrested Friday. The explosion was so bad Thursday, it shut down the entire Melbourne campus.
    The bomber ran from campus seconds before the explosion in an elevator. The suspect is a 20-year-old student at Brevard Community College who lives only about three miles away. According to the arrest report, he planted the bomb just to get out of class.
    Michael Woodson was arrested after talking to cops Friday morning at the Melbourne Police Department. He was fingered as a suspect, because he had injuries that were consistent with someone near the explosion."We did find evidence that put him at the scene," said Commander Ron Bell, Melbourne Police Department.Woodson is accused of placing the homemade bomb on an elevator inside Building 7 on the Brevard Community College campus. Woodson admitted to investigators that he detonated the bomb hoping to cause only a flash and a lot of smoke. He told investigators that he only wanted to create a distraction to get out of class for the day and never intended to hurt anyone.The bomb, made of paper and gunpowder and concealed in a glass jar, did slightly injure five students."His capture is a relief to the community," Bell said.Woodson lives on a sprawling estate his parents own in Melbourne. Homes there are worth close to $1 million. None of his family members were available for comment.Eyewitness News found that Woodson has no prior criminal record, but was involved in a recent car accident.Woodson was taken to the Brevard County jail and booked on a $15,000 bond.Late Friday afternoon, the school released the following statement: "Brevard Community College has suspended Michael Woodson pending the disposition of his legal case. In addition, the college has trespassed the student which bars him from any BCC property. The college's decision is prompted by Woodson's arrest by the Melbourne Police Department on the third degree felony charge of Throwing/Placing a Destructive Device Resulting in Disruption. This individual's alleged behavior is shocking because our students have for nearly 50 years of the college's existence been characterized as professional, hardworking, and law-abiding members of our community. Brevard Community College praises all law enforcement officers who have worked promptly to make an arrest in this case, thus allowing our students and employees to work and study in a safe environment."

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What a dumbass
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    What a dumbass

+ 1 I guess the thought never occurred to him to just not go to class?
    Arm the sheep!

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinki View Post
    + 1 I guess the thought never occurred to him to just not go to class?
    no kidding...there were tons of times in college I didn't want to go to class. So I rolled over and went back to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    College didn't make him very smart.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Maybe he thought that if he didn't go to class, no one else should either.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    no kidding...there were tons of times in college I didn't want to go to class. So I rolled over and went back to sleep.
    Yeah, me too! I never manufactured a bomb to close the building or campus down.

Although I could have done that. 22 years in the military taught me a lot of ways to improvise booby-traps. I could have probably got away before it blew up though!
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Crap, I can't believe I said that- now the ATF and the black helicopters will be after me.

Jenna- we'll have to put off the dead drop at that park bench- I think they're on to me!
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    What ever happened to just faking sick?!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    What an idiot!!!! Couldn't the poor little rich boy figure out any other way to get off for the day?

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't really see what his or his family's economic status has to do with the story.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He couldn't call in a bomb threat, he actually had to blow something up? What a maroon.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

n30
    n30 is offline A woman in man's job; but always a lady ;-)
    Verified LEO
    way out sw fl by the everglades. im over it
    idiot
    V

Thread Information