Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Talking Dad names baby Sarah McCain Palin without his wife's consent

Since early Tuesday morning, Mark Ciptak has been bragging about his new baby girl, whose name has everyone talking.

What started as a routine birth announcement turned into a media frenzy for Ciptak, who spent much of Tuesday explaining why he decided to legally name his newborn baby girl Sarah McCain Palin Ciptak without telling his wife, Layla. She thought they had agreed to name the baby, who was born Friday night, Ava Grace.

“I Googled my name late Monday and two hits came up. I did it this morning and it popped up thousands of times,” the Elizabethton resident said.

Why did he pick that name? To bring attention to the presidential candidates he supports, said Ciptak.

He and his wife had signed two sets of blank birth certificate documents Sunday morning. Ciptak decided before they left the hospital to fill in one of them with the name Sarah McCain Palin Ciptak, a name Layla did not approve of. But a hospital official confirmed that’s the name that will be printed on a birth certificate issued by the Tennessee Department of Health’s Office of Vital Records since both signatures are on the form.

A representative of the Vital Records office said that under Tennessee law, a birth certificate name can be changed within one year if an affidavit is filed with the office.

Ciptak broke the news to his wife Monday after he was contacted by the Times-News. The newspaper learned of the baby’s name through a routine birth announcement area hospitals give to the media.

“To be sure, she was not quite fond of me or of what I had done, but we’ve had some time to talk it over, and she has been really supportive through it all. With so much going on, she told me that made it a little easier to absorb,” said Ciptak.

Ciptak said Monday he picked the name as a way to support the John McCain/Sarah Palin presidential ticket.

“Did I expect this? Did I think it would go this far? Absolutely not. Am I happy that it’s gone this far? Absolutely. That’s what it was all about, to get the word out, to be encouraging, and to be a breath of fresh air to the McCain camp and that ticket. It seems to have taken off.

“We took those vows 13 years ago for better for worse, and we have always planned to stick with (those vows) no matter what happened. Even though it’s not as drastic as it could have been, (our marriage) is for the better. I’ve come to love her and respect her more through this.”

Ciptak said his in-laws and his mother have not been as forgiving as his wife has.

“I think they are planning my funeral behind my back. There’s some resentment from the family. The conversations have been short and to the point. We’ll see them soon, and I just feel like this too shall pass,” said Ciptak.

Comments on the story posted at TimesNews.net haven’t been supportive either. Some readers have called Ciptak’s action “moronic” and a stab at “15 minutes of fame.”

Readers from other parts of the country said it was a publicity stunt that used his daughter as a pawn, and others said it should remain an issue between the couple.

“That doesn’t surprise me. Do I take it personally? Absolutely not,” said Ciptak.

“Even the ones who are against (the name or what I did) or even the (Barack) Obama supporters are still talking about it, so in that sense, what I set out to accomplish has come to pass. It doesn’t bother me one bit that people are being negative about it. That’s their right.”

Ciptak, a blood bank worker for a local American Red Cross office, fielded phone calls most of the day Tuesday, but he doesn’t expect to hear from the candidates.

“There’s no hard feelings if they don’t call because they’ve got other things to worry about. This is something they don’t really need to speak on,” said Ciptak.

Other than the recent media attention, Ciptak said he and his wife live a quiet life in Carter County, attending church and raising their three children.

“My full-time passion is to watch my children grow up in a Godly home. Faith is a huge part of our lives. We’re not perfect by any means, but we continue to press on and fight the good fight,” said Ciptak.

Ciptak said he and his wife are still mulling over changing their daughter’s name back to Ava Grace, but he does not regret the decision he made that brought his name and his family into the spotlight.

“If anything, to show some encouragement to someone out there, that if something so simple as naming her what I named her has such a huge impact from just such a little, tangible thing, that we can really do anything. It encourages me that we can do more,” said Ciptak.

Father has no regrets about naming baby Sarah McCain Palin

Published 10/14/2008 By Kevin Castle

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9008563

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'd wring his neck. To name the baby ANYTHING other than what was agreed on should warrant a free ass kicking.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    They took the vows for better or worse. It looks like worse just walked in the door. He don't stand a chance

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Don't people realize that kids have to live with these names the rest of their lives? I can't believe people burden their kids like that.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Not a smart choice for him!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    He did it for the 15 mins of fame, and they will change it back when Obama wins the election
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You need consent?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    You need consent?
    Good One. Apparently not. At least he didn't name the child Joebama Biden Ciptak.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information