Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Thumbs up What if SNL' mocked Michelle Obama?

Perhaps the only institution in America whose approval rating is beneath that of Congress is the media.
    Both have won their reputations the hard way. They earned them.
    Consider the fawning indulgence shown insider Joe Biden with the dripping contempt visited on outsider Sarah Palin.
    Twice last weekend, Biden grimly warned at closed-door meetings that a great crisis is coming early in the term of President Obama:
    "Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. ... Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."
    A "generated crisis"? By whom? Moscow? Beijing? Tehran?
    This is an astonishing statement from a chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee who has access to the same intelligence as George Bush. Joe was warning of a crisis like the Berlin Wall of July 1961, where JFK called for a tripling of the draft and ordered a call-up of reserves, or the missile crisis where U.S. pilots like John McCain were minutes away from bombing nuclear missile sites in Cuba and killing the Russians manning them.
    Is Russia about to move on the Crimea? Is Israel about to launch air strikes on Iran's nuclear sites? What is Joe talking about?
    If one assumes Joe is a serious man, we have a right to know.
    Instead, what we got was Obama's airy dismissal of Joe's words as a "rhetorical flourish" and a media rather than demanding that Joe hold a press conference acting as Obama surrogates parroting the talking points that Joe was just saying that new presidents always face tests.
    Had John McCain made that hair-raising statement, he would have been accused of fear mongering about a new 9/11. The media would have run with the story rather than have smothered it.
    Contrasting McCain with his hero, Joe declared a few weeks back, "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and ... said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"
    Nice historical reference. Except when the market crashed in 1929, Hoover was president, and there was no television.
    Can one imagine what the press would have done to Sarah Palin had she exhibited such ignorance of history. Or Dan Quayle?
    Joe gets a pass because everybody likes Joe.
    Fine. But Joe also has a record of 36 years in the Senate.
    Has anyone ever asked Joe about his own and his party's role in cutting off aid to South Vietnam, leading to the greatest strategic defeat in U.S. history and the Cambodian holocaust? Has anyone ever asked Joe about the role he and his party played in working to block Reagan's deployment of Pershing missiles in Europe, and SDI, which Gorbachev concedes broke the Soviets and won the Cold War?
    In the most crucial vote he ever cast to give Bush a blank check for war in Iraq Joe concedes he got it wrong.
    Is Joe's record of having been wrong on Vietnam, wrong in the Cold War, wrong on the Iraq war, less important than whether Sarah Palin tried to get fired a rogue-cop brother-in-law who Tasered her 10-year-old nephew to "teach him a lesson"?
    "I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know," says Joe humbly. Given his record, it is understandable Joe has forgotten so much of it.
    Saturday, the New York Times did a takeout on Cindy McCain that delved back into her problem with prescription pills. Yet when Hillary's campaign manager, Mark Penn, brought up Obama's cocaine use on "Hardball," he was savaged by folks for whom the Times is the gold standard.
    The people apparently had a "right to know" of Bush's old DUI arrest a week before the 2000 election, but no right to know about how and when Obama was engaged in the criminal use of cocaine.
    The media cannot get enough of the "Saturday Night Live" impersonations of Palin as a bubblehead. News shows pick up the Tina Fey clips and run them and run them to the merriment of all.
    Can one imagine "Saturday Night Live" doing weekly send-ups of Michelle Obama and her "I've never been proud" of my country, this "just downright mean" America, using a black comedienne to mimic and mock her voice and accent?
    "Saturday Night Live" would be facing hate-crime charges.
    How do we know? When the New Yorker ran a cartoon of Michelle in an Angela-Davis afro with an AK-47 slung over her shoulder, New Yorker editors had to go on national television to swear they were not mocking Michelle, but the conservatives who have so caricatured Michelle and the Messiah.
    Is there a media double standard? You betcha.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Thye media would not dare to mock Michelle! They'd be accused of rascism, sexism, and just about anythy other "ism" one can imagine! I'd love to see her portrayed as "Aunt Ester" calling Barry a "fish-eyed fool!"
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They will not do that because:

or so the mainstream media tells me.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I can see it now. Obama is called "You Big Dummy." "I'm coming Elizabeth, its the big one."

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    That's simple.

They don't mock Michele, because she isn't running for anything. It's the same reason they haven't mocked Cindy McCain, because she isn't running for anything.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Horseshit.

If they thought it would come off as funny, they'd do it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    That's simple.

They don't mock Michele, because she isn't running for anything. It's the same reason they haven't mocked Cindy McCain, because she isn't running for anything.
    The media has mocked Cindy McCain for everything from having had a drug problem to being a "Barbie."
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    The media has mocked Cindy McCain for everything from having had a drug problem to being a "Barbie."
    So, SNL is equivalent to the media?
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    So, SNL is equivalent to the media?
    I think SNL is part of the media elite, which expouses a liberal ideology. I know a lot of young people that NEVER watch the news, but ALWAYS watch SNL. The fact of the matter is, if Gov. Palin were a liberal, they'd be treating her like royalty.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I think SNL is part of the media elite, which expouses a liberal ideology. I know a lot of young people that NEVER watch the news, but ALWAYS watch SNL. The fact of the matter is, if Gov. Palin were a liberal, they'd be treating her like royalty.
    Placing SNL in the same category as FOX news, preposterous. It's like saying there is a Santa Claus, a giant bunny actually does hide eggs every Easter, CSI is realistic, the tooth fairy does exist, Bush did blow up the towers, the French are courageous, Richard Simmons isn't gay, Kerry would've made a great President, there are pots of gold at the end of rainbows, wrestling is real, President Carter was a great leader, Hillary actually is warm and cuddly, cops do smell like bacon, Charles Manson was just misunderstood, Jon Stewart is an actual news anchor.

Just because some folks choice to get their world events from comedy shows, like SNL or the Daily Show, it still doesn't make them media. Some folks choice to smoke and abuse drugs, but would you consider that a health lifestyle, even if they argued it was??

If BIG remembers correctly, SNL had a great time skewing Hillary during the run up to the nomination, during her time as a U.S. Senator and while she was First Lady. During President Clintons tenure they all caught hell, to include Monica Lewinsky. It was funny then and it's funny now. They've made caricatures out of ALL who were running for their parties nomination for President and those who are running for President, with their parties nomination.

We can't cheer when they skewer the left, yet cry foul when they skewer ours. We both have the equal opportunity to be mocked for our follies.

President Bush was mocked unmercifully for his public gaffes, including when he chocked on a pretzel. Yet, he managed to win two presidential elections. Something his father, who BIG voted for, failed to do. But now we want to blame McCain's mismanaged campaign on SNL? On the Daily Show? On a biracial guy with a phucked up name? Really??

Have we on the right fallen to such depths as to emulate the tactics of the far left? We can't beat them point for point on the facts, so we'll invent false rumors, he's an Al Quada operative planted here 48 years ago to destroy us from within, or blame it on comedy shows liking him more than our candidates. Is this really to what we've reduced ourselves. Please say it isn't so, please say it isn't so.

You want to keep this man out of office? You want McCain behind the mantle? Get out there and encourage everyone you know to vote. Educate them on the facts. Get them out there and get them behind McCain. But don't sit back, do nothing and blame comedy shows, posing as the news, as the reason behind our demise. If this comes to fruition and Obama is elected, we'll only have ourselves to blame.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    ^^+infinity^^
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Thread Information