Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Four Marines Arrested for Murder

I normally don't post anything negative about military or law enforcement, but this was a terrible and senseless crime. We've had some serious issues with a criminal element in the military, an unfortunate side effect of enlistment quotas.

4 Marines arrested in killing of sergeant, wife

ASSOCIATED PRESS
    8:05 p.m. November 3, 2008
    RIVERSIDE Four Marines are under arrest for the fatal shootings of a Marine sergeant and his wife in their Riverside County home last month, the Sheriff's Department said Monday.

Sheriff's deputies discovered the bodies of Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his wife Quianna Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, on Oct. 15 in their Winchester home after receiving a call from the Marine Corps because the sergeant had not shown up for work.

The suspects two of whom belong to Pietrzak's unit at Camp Pendleton, allegedly ransacked the home and likely killed the couple for financial gain, the Sheriff's Department said.

Deputies found the door of the house open and the deceased couple bound and gagged in the family room. A fire had been set in the house in an attempt to destroy evidence. Investigators later found numerous items of evidence linking the four suspects to the killings, authorities said.

The suspects include Pvt. Emrys John, 18, of Maryland; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20, of Tennessee, and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21, of California.

The district attorney's office has agreed to file murder charges, the Sheriff's Department said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    That is just plain F**ked up! The perps should rot in hell!

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Brooklyn Marine sergeant & wife tortured, slain in Calif.; 4 of his men are arrested
    BY CORKY SIEMASZKO
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Brooklyn Marine Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak and his wife, Quiana, seen in August wedding photo, were found tortured and slain Oct. 15 in their home near San Diego.

A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, who was raised in Bensonhurst, and his wife, Quiana, were found bound and gagged in the ransacked house, each shot in the head.

Pietrzak was the suspects' sergeant at Camp Pendleton, Quiana's mother said Wednesday.

"They're monsters," Faye Jenkins told the Daily News. "They're monsters."

Pietrzak's mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, said she had prepared herself "for the possibility that my son could die in Iraq."

"But to die like this, in their own home?" she told The News. "They were good kids. They didn't deserve to die like this."

Investigators said the motive for murder was "financial gain." Neither mother believes that.

"When I found out what they did to them, it was like they killed me, too," Pietrzak-Varga said.

A spokesman for the Riverside County district attorney's office would not comment on reports that Pietrzak was killed by his own men.

Detectives also did not divulge what the accused Marines were looking for, but the suspects were tied to the crime by items found in their homes and on the military base.

Born in Poland, Pietrzak was 10 when he moved to the U.S. and enlisted after the 9/11 attacks. He was named Jan Pawel, which means John Paul, after the Polish pontiff.

A mechanic who worked on helicopters, Pietrzak, 24, met his wife three years ago at a party for Marines being deployed to Iraq.

Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, who worked for the county's Black Infant Care Center, was reluctant to date a Marine. But Pietrzak wooed her, and they were married in August.

"They were in love," her mother-in-law said. "It didn't matter to them that they had different skin colors."

The bride wore her favorite white Converse sneakers, and she was still in the process of writing thank-you cards when she was killed.

"She was our only child and my best friend," Faye Jenkins said. "He was like my son. He was so proud to be a Marine. But when he was off the base, he was my son."

The Pietrzaks were not rich and purchased their five-bedroom home in May through a foreclosure, said Waldemar Piasecki, a New York-based Polish journalist and family friend. He used his reenlistment bonus to replace the hardwood floor and carpet.

"They were hardworking young people," Piasecki said.

On Oct. 15, deputies were dispatched to the Pietrzak home in Winchester, an exurb of San Diego, when the Marine did not show up for work.

When they arrived, the deputies found the Pietrzaks in the living room and evidence that the robbers had tried to cover their tracks by torching the house.

Charged with murder and other crimes are Pvt. Emrys John, 18, of Maryland; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20, of Tennessee, and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21, of California.

Lawyers for the men could not be reached for comment.

Pietrzak's mother said she can't understand how Marines could have committed such a crime.

"Don't the Marines screen out people like this?" she said. "Didn't they know they had murderers under their roof?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...rtured_-2.html

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Shameful. I hope justice is swift.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

She was raped before she was murdered.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    RIP . Shameful actions I hope the perps rot in hell.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    No matter what job/career is out there, you always have a few asshats that do stupid, uncalled for, shameful acts against others. I hope these assclowns burn in hell after they burn in the electric chair
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Saw all of this on Clip Syndicate this morning, unreal! I hope the suspects rot in the brig and then in hell. If not the brig, it should be. May you and your wife rest in peace and thank you for your service, Sgt Pietrzak.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

n30
    n30 is offline A woman in man's job; but always a lady ;-)
    Verified LEO
    way out sw fl by the everglades. im over it
    theres bad apples in every profession.. but these are supposed to be americas finest? the marines? omg, those poor families; having to deal w/ that.
    V

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post

The suspects include..... and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21,...
    HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!!
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    These four have now nullified the act of the four marines who saved the people from the burning hotel last week. Nice one A holes.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Well hell, the military now says it is openly accepting felons into the ranks.

Good move Uncle Sam!

Yes I know these 4 guys might not have been felons when they enlisted, but they sure are now! I'm just saying, don't expect these kinds of things to be so isolated in frequency. Garbage in, garbage out.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Quote Originally Posted by deputysykes View Post
    These four have now nullified the act of the four marines who saved the people from the burning hotel last week. Nice one A holes.
    I would hope it's the other way around, although nothing can erase the horror of their acts.

I refuse to see this as a reflection on the Corps, but they may need to go back to old fashioned boot camp practices. The Corps values need to be drilled in to the point that all gang ties are obliterated.

RJSims is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    That's just sad. Some of the people enlisting these days don't have the slightest idea of honor or brotherhood. My prayers are with the families.

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    No one wants to throw this out there but does anyone else smell a racially motivated killing? Pretty black girl winds up marrying a white guy. You don't torture someone for "financial gain" You do it because you are pissed off at them. Plus, if this was a robbery, why was the female raped? Just something to think about.

Prayers to the victims and the families.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    No one wants to throw this out there but does anyone else smell a racially motivated killing? Pretty black girl winds up marrying a white guy. You don't torture someone for "financial gain" You do it because you are pissed off at them. Plus, if this was a robbery, why was the female raped? Just something to think about.

Prayers to the victims and the families.
    They are investigating that aspect.

As for the rape, it's not unheard of during home invasions.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I would hope it's the other way around, although nothing can erase the horror of their acts.

I refuse to see this as a reflection on the Corps, but they may need to go back to old fashioned boot camp practices. The Corps values need to be drilled in to the point that all gang ties are obliterated.
    + infinity

This obviously touches a nerve with me.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

The hard core gang bangers will always be just that, gang bangers. I personally believe anyone with gang ties shouldn't be allowed into the military or law enforcement for that matter. These knuckleheads committed this atrocity stateside. What do you think they would have done in a war zone? What would that have done for the good name of the United States Marine Corps that thousands have died in places like Belleau Woods , Tarawa and Iwo Jima to establish? You already have a-holes like John Murtha just looking to condemn service personnel, rushing to judgements without any facts. You can take the hood out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the hood.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information