Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO

Exclamation For all of you who hate G.W. Bush... I offer a big F**K YOU!

I am glad to see a lot of members on this site including myself (Who did not support the Obama campaign) say that even though McCain did not win they will recognize Obama as their president and respect that.

I despise the liberals celebrating right now who not long ago were burning the American flag and are now wrapping themselves in it as patriots. For what? Because things have gone your way? For that I offer a big fuck you!
    I also offer a big fuck off to all of who wore the "Fuck Bush" shirts and displayed the "Impeach Bush" stickers on your cars.
    I offer the same to you who referred to Pres. Bush as a "war criminal" and compared him to Adolf Hitler.

Don't get me wrong for I am not bitter. I just don't want to hear from die hard liberals now that Obama is the Pres. elect, that we need put our differences behind us and stand together. Unlike yourself I know how to conduct myself with respect and not only when I get what I want. All of you were/are a disgrace under President Bush and for that a big Fuck You!
    Oh, and the same to all of you cowardly republicans unwilling to stand behind your commander and chief because you were to afraid it would be "unpopular".
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a great article from the Wall Street Journal regarding a view on the treatment of G.W. Bush during his presidency.

The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace
    What must our enemies be thinking?

Earlier this year, 12,000 people in San Francisco signed a petition in support of a proposition on a local ballot to rename an Oceanside sewage plant after George W. Bush. The proposition is only one example of the classless disrespect many Americans have shown the president.
    According to recent Gallup polls, the president's average approval rating is below 30% -- down from his 90% approval in the wake of 9/11. Mr. Bush has endured relentless attacks from the left while facing abandonment from the right.
    This is the price Mr. Bush is paying for trying to work with both Democrats and Republicans. During his 2004 victory speech, the president reached out to voters who supported his opponent, John Kerry, and said, "Today, I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. To make this nation stronger and better, I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust."
    Those bipartisan efforts have been met with crushing resistance from both political parties.
    The president's original Supreme Court choice of Harriet Miers alarmed Republicans, while his final nomination of Samuel Alito angered Democrats. His solutions to reform the immigration system alienated traditional conservatives, while his refusal to retreat in Iraq has enraged liberals who have unrealistic expectations about the challenges we face there.
    It seems that no matter what Mr. Bush does, he is blamed for everything. He remains despised by the left while continuously disappointing the right.
    Yet it should seem obvious that many of our country's current problems either existed long before Mr. Bush ever came to office, or are beyond his control. Perhaps if Americans stopped being so divisive, and congressional leaders came together to work with the president on some of these problems, he would actually have had a fighting chance of solving them.
    Like the president said in his 2004 victory speech, "We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us. And when we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."
    To be sure, Mr. Bush is not completely alone. His low approval ratings put him in the good company of former Democratic President Harry S. Truman, whose own approval rating sank to 22% shortly before he left office. Despite Mr. Truman's low numbers, a 2005 Wall Street Journal poll found that he was ranked the seventh most popular president in history. Just as Americans have gained perspective on how challenging Truman's presidency was in the wake of World War II, our country will recognize the hardship President Bush faced these past eight years -- and how extraordinary it was that he accomplished what he did in the wake of the September 11 attacks.
    The treatment President Bush has received from this country is nothing less than a disgrace. The attacks launched against him have been cruel and slanderous, proving to the world what little character and resolve we have. The president is not to blame for all these problems. He never lost faith in America or her people, and has tried his hardest to continue leading our nation during a very difficult time.
    Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty -- a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I believe that history will be kind to President George W. Bush, who was faced with unprecedented challenges, accepted them with grace and resolve, and saw to it, throughout his administration, that such did not re-occur.

For those who have forgotten, we were attacked by evil which slaughtered our innocents and protectors, we sought it out and pursued it across the globe, we kept it pinned there, and we suffered not again the shock of seeing thousands of lives violently ended by it in our homeland.

I hope Mr. Obama can claim even the slightest notion of such a legacy when he vacates office.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Reps caveman.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I believe that history will be kind to President George W. Bush, who was faced with unprecedented challenges, accepted them with grace and resolve, and saw to it, throughout his administration, that such did not re-occur.
    I agree with this. I don't "hate" Bush- that's such a strong word. However I was disappointed in many of his decisions. But I understand you can't make everyone happy.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Excellent post, Caveman. You can't propose to name a shit treatment plant after one president using one side of your mouth then (when your candidate wins) wax poetic about "putting aside our differences" with the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Excellent post Caveman.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Great post!

Well Said Cavemen and Countybear too!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Great post, Caveman. I've been critical of Bush's policies, but I never denigrated him as a person.

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Let me first say that I have no problem having a black President. I do, however have a problem with this particular black President-elect.

Had, say, Colin Powell been the nonimee, I would have been hard-pressed on who to vote for.

This one, I think that the first time the SHTF, (like it did for Bush - Re: 9/11), this clown will be standing there with that "deer in the headlights" look, much like our former Louisiana Governor was when Katrina hit, followed a month later by Rita.

Lost in space!!! Need I say more?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but only time will tell I guess.

God help us.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    A well written, well thought out , poignant post.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

Captain America is online now Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I agree with you , Caveman. One thing that really pissed me off was when the silly Dixie Chicks went to England and told an audience that they were ashamed to be from the same state as George W. Bush. There are right places and wrong places to voice your opinion. Doing so on foreign soil to a foreign audience is the wrong place and time.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I was always pissed that they (the left) behaved in such a manner to our president. Bush did alot of good things. He lowered my taxes (I'm sure yours also), he lowered the unemployment rate (I lost a house and a job directly to Clinton's policies), he took the fight to the enemy vs letting them continue to attack us (Again Clinton era). He allowed the AWB to sunset (Congress mostly but it was his watch). We were doing really well up until the Democrat (I can't say Democratic until I see Pelosi and Ried actually behave civilly) party took control of the congress in 2006.

That being said will I respect President elect Obama? Sure. I probably won't agree with his policies, I didn't agree with alot ob Bush's policies, I thought they were to leftist. Now if Obama tries to destroy our constitution and take away our rights I will fight him tooth and nail for it.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Excellent post!
    Arm the sheep!

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Bush is his own worst enemy. He's never done a good job of defending his decisions. When this financial crisis came up, instead of pointing out all the Democrats who were responsible for it, he barricaded himself in the White House. I doubt Rove would have let him do that if he'd still been there. But in doing that, he hurt McCain's campaign too. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd are directly responsible for the failure of mortage companies by forcing them to give loans to people who couldn't afford it.

I look around my neighborhood and see all these dumbass white kids with small children living in 3500-4000 SqFt new houses they can't afford. I bet their mortgage payments are a minimum half their take home, no doubt more. It was the Democratic policies that created that. But Bush and the Republicans have sat and taken the blame w/o responding.

I'm beginning to think they WANTED Obama elected.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Good Post Caveman....
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Great post Caveman & RetDetSgt!

While I've thought it was time for the Iraqis to sink or swim on their own for a couple of years, and us to just supply them the arms to kill themselves as they see fit, I think Bush did almost as good as the best, and better than most.

He had extraordinary challenges to overcome, not the least of all being the re-vamping of the Federal Government under the Department of Homeland Security. While I don't think that was such a great idea in the first place, it was a bi-partisan issue that the Democrats pushed as much as the Republicans, maybe more than Republicans - And Bush managed that very well, with no real hiccups.

The FEMA fiasco was the result of local politicians and bureaucrats under Bush dropping the ball, plain and simple.

The Iraq intelligence fiasco was simply a case of misleading intelligence, combined with Saddam Hussian's threats and boasting which HAD to be taken seriously - as any of us would have to take threats seriously from someone who boasts that they have a gun in their pocket and are going to shoot us, while refusing to show their hands after repeated orders - You can either have faith that they're just boasting, or play it safe - Bush played it safe and shot first. Good for him.

No Monday-morning quarterback has the right to question his decision to invade Iraq given the information and circumstances. Besides all that, Saddam repeatedly broke cease-fire and no-fly agreements still in effect from Desert Storm, and Iraq tried to assassinate ex-President Bush on U.S. soil, which was an act of war in itself - What were we supposed to do, let Saddam keep getting away with crap like that? Eventually he would have suceeded.

That's just one reason I can't stand Obama and his cronies - They have no concept of the unintended consequences would have been to just let Saddam stay in power and develop the means of carrying out his threats with Iraq's immense oil money.

What if our Iraq intelligence had been correct, and Saddam snuck a nuclear warhead on board a ship container or commercial airline, blowing up the whole CITY of New York instead of just a couple of buildings? Do you think the Monday morning quarterbacks would think that decision was flawed?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I agree with this. I don't "hate" Bush- that's such a strong word. However I was disappointed in many of his decisions. But I understand you can't make everyone happy.
    Agreed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information