Thread: Only in Alabama

AlDeputy is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Only in Alabama

Roll Tide

2 dead in argument over Alabama-LSU football game

Associated Press
    Updated 10:24 a.m.

EVERGREEN Authorities say an argument over Saturday's Alabama-LSU football game led to the shooting deaths of a couple at a home in southern Alabama.
    Prosecutors identified the victims as Dennis and Donna Smith of Brewton. The shooting happened about 7 p.m. Saturday at the home of Michael Williams in the rural community of Owassa.
    Williams was arrested and charged with two counts of murder.
    Investigators told the Press-Register newspaper in Mobile that Dennis Smith, an LSU fan, called Williams, an Alabama fan, after Alabama's 27-21 overtime win and an argument ensued. The Smiths went to Williams home. Investigators said Smith had a pistol and Williams had a shotgun and fired. Donna Smith was a relative of Williams' girlfriend.

http://www.annistonstar.com/breaking...-8k10k2106.htm
    But you're a deputy, you can't give me a ticket!

Yea Ok, sign here and press hard there are 4 copies!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    You have to be kidding me...............morons
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    OMG....2 dead over a football game, what a waste, how sad.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What's going on over there Five-0? Are some of your Alabama fans going a bit too far?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Last night, in my city, an overly boisterous football fan who'd been watching a football game at a restaurant challenged another (who was cheering for the other team) to a fight over the game. Fight went outside and others joined in. Still don't know if the guy is gonna make it....
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    What's going on over there Five-0? Are some of your Alabama fans going a bit too far?

I don't think stupid has a team affiliation. No excuse for this. Two are dead and the 3rd deserves the same.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    You're right. I agree. On all points.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Some people take sports way too seriously.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I heard that in Alabama, they had a shortage of ammo in stores there, especially in eastern counties. An Alabama news reporter finally got to the bottom of this shortage when interviewing a person in Anniston who had bought the last ammo at one local store. The reporter asked the man why he was stocking up on ammo. The man replied, "Well, we heard that Russia has invaded Georgia, and we aint gonna let them come over here into Alabama!"

AlDeputy is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Yup and we're guarding the northern border too to keep you damn yankees out . oh wait I'm a yankee, oops, never mind.
    But you're a deputy, you can't give me a ticket!

Yea Ok, sign here and press hard there are 4 copies!

Kimble is offline Fact: sharks love cheeseburgers
    Verified LEO
    Not the first time I've heard of something like this happening in AL. I've heard of people prohibiting their son/daughter from marrying someone based on one being a UA fan and the other being an Auburn fan. Not on the same level as murder, but still a ridiculous example of making a major issue out of a pastime.

Football in the deep south is a religion for some people, and the strangest part about it is the radical fans often never went to school or played for the team they are so hardcore following.
    "I'm the only one in this room, that I know of, professional enough carry this Glock 40." -Lee Paige, DEA (just before shooting himself in the leg)

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed" Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    I heard that in Alabama, they had a shortage of ammo in stores there, especially in eastern counties. An Alabama news reporter finally got to the bottom of this shortage when interviewing a person in Anniston who had bought the last ammo at one local store. The reporter asked the man why he was stocking up on ammo. The man replied, "Well, we heard that Russia has invaded Georgia, and we aint gonna let them come over here into Alabama!"
    Hey Ducky, is South Carolina having any of these problems? I thought with Georgia being invaded and all, maybe you might be affected, too.

Not a LEO

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by AlDeputy View Post
    Yup and we're guarding the northern border too to keep you damn yankees out . oh wait I'm a yankee, oops, never mind.
    Most of my Alabama cop friends are from northern 'Bama, in the Athens/Huntsville area. When I visited there for the first time, I got yankee bashed so much. It was hilarious. It was like I was an alien or something. haha

DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    My Mom always told me she'd pay for me to go to school antwhere I chose except Auburn. She and my grandmother are rabid Alabama fans, but no one in our family has ever gone there. I'm still a Bama fan, but I don't lose sleep if they're down, and I went to Troy for my schoolin'.

Looks like the Bama fan did have sense enough to bring enough gun to a gunfight though... We're all probably better off without three people stupid enough to do what they all did.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Thread Information