Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Diddy and Beyonce moved to tears by Obama's victory

Mr. Bad Boy himself, Sean 'Diddy' Combs, could not keep it together when Barack Obama was announced President-elect Tuesday night.

"I was straight up crying," he confesses. "I was with my kids. It was a beautiful thing. I just thank God my prayers were answered."

A greater gift? It happened on his 39th birthday.

"I don't know why God blessed me by having my birthday [on Nov. 4], but we're here to celebrate 80 percent of Obama being elected and 20 percent my birthday," Diddy told reporters Wednesday night at a celebration sponsored by Ciroc Vodka at Mansion nightclub in New York.

Some of his celebrity guests: Mary J. Blige, Ben Stiller, Cassie, Cedric the Entertainer, and Pete Wentz.

Wentz, who told PEOPLE he would not exist if it weren't for Vice President-elect Joe Biden (his parents met on a Biden campaign), arrived with Diddy. The dad-to-be says he's happy his unborn baby was able to "help change America" by being in the voting booth with his pregnant wife, Ashlee Simpson.

"I have a 'You Voted' sticker in [the] baby book," says Wentz.

Meanwhile, Cedric the Entertainer says his son Croix, 8, was full of questions: "'What does the president do and what does it mean? And how old is Barack's little daughter?'" I was like, 'That's what I'm talking about,'" the comedian joked. "'Make that move!'"

On a more serious note, he says: "It was elating and it was just amazing talking to [him] about it."

Though she wasn't at the birthday party, Beyoncé Knowles did rearrange her schedule to make sure she would be in America on election night. The R&B starlet was scheduled to promote her upcoming album, I Am ... Sasha Fierce, in Japan but postponed her apperance at the last minute.

"I said, 'What am I doing? I'm completely making a bad decision. I have to go home, I'm gonna kill myself if I'm not home in America,'" she told the AP. "I knew I needed to be here."

Knowles watched the election results at home with friends and family – while wearing a blue suit and tie with matching red, white and blue stilettos.

"I've never been so patriotic!" she said. And, like Diddy, she was moved to tears. "I fell asleep crying and smiling at the same time ... I woke up with mascara running and a smile on my face!"

Should Obama require her services, the singer is game: "Whatever they want – if they need me to volunteer, they need me to sing, I'm there and I'm ready."

But what is most important, Knowles said, is that the newly elected president has provided inspriration for African Americans.

"My nephew, who is 4, when we say, 'You can do whatever, you can be whatever,' it's not cliche," she explained.

http://www.people.com/people/article...ef=werecommend

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    "I've never been so patriotic!"

Big surprise.... Most likely for the first time in her adult life, just like Michele Obama!!
    It takes more than someone with the same skin color as you being elected president to consider yourself patriotic.
    Unless they misquoted her and she really said "I've never been so erotic." That would be fine...

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Wentz, ... says he's happy his unborn baby was able to "help change America" by being in the voting booth with his pregnant wife, Ashlee Simpson.

"I have a 'You Voted' sticker in [the] baby book," says Wentz.
    What? Your fetus helped "change America"???

Typical democrat -- you "help change" by merely existing, rather than by actually doing something. Even more appropriate analogy -- fetus kept alive by mother's system ~~ democrat being kept alive by government subsidy.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It is cause for tearful celebration when an expectant mother votes for an abortion attorney to become president... I guess...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Who the fuck cares what those two oxygen thieves think?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information