Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

More than 5 million marijuana plants were seized in California during 2008, breaking the previous record for pot plant seizures in a single year

More than 5 million marijuana plants were seized in California during 2008, breaking the previous record for pot plant seizures in a single year, prosecutors said Wednesday.
    The total collaborative effort of several law enforcement agencies resulted in 5,249,881 plants seized, officials said.
    A total of 143 arrests were made in connection with the seizures.
    "Our forests and public lands cannot and will not be allowed to become safe havens for Mexican drug cartels operating massive marijuana cultivations," U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott said. "These criminal enterprises pose great risk to those simply seeking to enjoy these lands in the manner for which they were intended."
    It is the second consecutive year that the state has broken a record for marijuana plant seizures.
    During 2008, 53 people were arrested in connection with growing marijuana plants.
    The counties with the highest number of eradicated plants included Lake, Tulare, Shatsta, Mendocino and Humbolt.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    I was in No.Cal. earlier this month. Spoke with a ranch owner soouth of Eureka whose family has been in Humboldt Co. since the mid 1800's. This person told me the money made on weed over the past 30 years by locals is already laundered, they are now "respectable". Stopped for a cup at a place called Garberville on Hwy 101. The mom and pop grocery had only one magazine on the rack, High Times. Noted one curious thing, many of the newer "ranches" were small acreage, had no machinery or cattle visible, and huge barns with small doors and covered windows. They did have a natural water supply, and huge steel gates at the entrances. Hmmmm....

Drive the "wildcat" road along Cape Mendicino" from Ferndale to Petrolia, beautiful stretch of wild unspoiled coastline. Have a full fuel tank starting out.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    More than 5 million marijuana plants were seized in California during 2008, breaking the previous record for pot plant seizures in a single year, prosecutors said Wednesday.
    The total collaborative effort of several law enforcement agencies resulted in 5,249,881 plants seized, officials said.
    A total of 143 arrests were made in connection with the seizures.
    "Our forests and public lands cannot and will not be allowed to become safe havens for Mexican drug cartels operating massive marijuana cultivations," U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott said. "These criminal enterprises pose great risk to those simply seeking to enjoy these lands in the manner for which they were intended."
    It is the second consecutive year that the state has broken a record for marijuana plant seizures.
    During 2008, 53 people were arrested in connection with growing marijuana plants.
    The counties with the highest number of eradicated plants included Lake, Tulare, Shasta, Mendocino and Humboldt.
    ...and let us all be sure to thank PGG for his efforts in helping to eradicate in this situation.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbear111 View Post
    I was in No.Cal. earlier this month. Spoke with a ranch owner soouth of Eureka whose family has been in Humboldt Co. since the mid 1800's. This person told me the money made on weed over the past 30 years by locals is already laundered, they are now "respectable". Stopped for a cup at a place called Garberville on Hwy 101. The mom and pop grocery had only one magazine on the rack, High Times. Noted one curious thing, many of the newer "ranches" were small acreage, had no machinery or cattle visible, and huge barns with small doors and covered windows. They did have a natural water supply, and huge steel gates at the entrances. Hmmmm....

Drive the "wildcat" road along Cape Mendicino" from Ferndale to Petrolia, beautiful stretch of wild unspoiled coastline. Have a full fuel tank starting out.

That doesn't sound very respectable... Unless they're growing hydroponic veggies...
    Arm the sheep!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    ...and let us all be sure to thank PGG for his efforts in helping to eradicate in this situation.

YAY for Pgg!
    Arm the sheep!

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I think if they burned all 5 mill at once, we'd get stoned in the midwest...
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by deputysykes View Post
    I think if they burned all 5 mill at once, we'd get stoned in the midwest...

Arm the sheep!

Verified LEO
    Jenna's bringing the cheetoes and koolade.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deputysykes View Post
    Jenna's bringing the cheetoes and koolade.
    And they'll be made of organic tofu!

Verified LEO
    We'll be so wacked out it won't matter!

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yea, I helped pull some of them I love ruining hippies' days. Its funny, half the time we just see some "rancher" with a new pick up and not doing any visible work and there we are. Sgtbear 111 its funny you mention Garberville. We have been in raids near there. And old friend of mine has a ranch just east of there. They are the only ones with cattle and old beat up trucks. He is a retired Capt from the SO. I haul hay up there every summer for him.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Someone is seriously missing the point.

If Mexicans are growing the dope on public lands, how the fuck did they get there?

Or are they paying Americans to grow it? The situation here is completely different - it comes in from Canada and is grown locally.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Someone is seriously missing the point.

If Mexicans are growing the dope on public lands, how the fuck did they get there?

Or are they paying Americans to grow it? The situation here is completely different - it comes in from Canada and is grown locally.
    The problem we are running into is twofold. One is people from across the country coming to my county and then growing it because they've heard that Laws arent enforced here. The other problem is the Mexican drug cartels. They bring illegal aliens up to guard and work the grow operations. They are all usually armed. We have warnings up for people that want to hike in public lands during the growing season due to people being shot at. In fact during our "lightning complex fires" this summer, our firefighters got shot at by some of these illegals

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    The problem we are running into is twofold. One is people from across the country coming to my county and then growing it because they've heard that Laws arent enforced here. The other problem is the Mexican drug cartels. They bring illegal aliens up to guard and work the grow operations. They are all usually armed. We have warnings up for people that want to hike in public lands during the growing season due to people being shot at. In fact during our "lightning complex fires" this summer, our firefighters got shot at by some of these illegals

Where's Vic Mackey and the Strike Team when you need'em?

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Where's Vic Mackey and the Strike Team when you need'em?
    They are in Hollywood fighting Prop 8

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They are just farmers guys. You know this guy Maclean?

http://www.youtube.com/user/brwndirtwarrior

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Foreign nationals are invading our forests and shooting at people?

Say it ain't so!

With a stroke of the pen, this became an act of war rather than criminal behavior - and that means the armed services can handle it.

Give the SeALs and Delta something to do for training and down time when they aren't shooting at serious bad guys.

Can you imagine the look of surprise - the abject shock - if those illegals with their cheap AK knockoffs actually shot at a team of professionals?
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    They are just farmers guys. You know this guy Maclean?

http://www.youtube.com/user/brwndirtwarrior

Not personally, but I've seen his trainees.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Thread Information