Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Batman rumored to be killed off after Robin takes a turn to the dark side

Batman RIP' will see "the end of Bruce Wayne as Batman", according to Grant Morrison. There are rumours that Batman will suffer a gruesome end when his sidekick Robin goes over to "the dark side" and destroys him in a terrible betrayal.
    Batman, alter ego of Bruce Wayne a wealthy industrialist, operates in the American Gotham City.
    Others speculate that Wayne may either retire from his duties or be killed by a mystery villain known as the Black Glove.
    His fate will be revealed in the latest issue of DC Comic's Batman, published on 26 November.
    Either way, his demise will lead to a hunt for a replacement.
    "What I am doing is a fate worse than death, things that no one would expect to happen to these guys at all," Mr Morrison told Comic Book Resources.
    Mr Morrison, the Scottish writer, has written storylines for comics including X-Men for Marvel and Superman for DC Comics. He took over writing the Batman series for DC in 2006.
    Bruce Wayne has given up the Caped Crusader mantle once before. In the 'Knightfall' storyline, Batman's back was broken by villain Bane, causing Wayne to recruit Jean-Paul Valley to replace him.
    Mr Morrison declined to reveal who the new Batman would be, but the frontrunners include Tim Drake who has been Robin since 1991 and Dick Grayson - the original Boy Wonder.
    It is not the first time a superhero has met an unfortunate end in the comic world.
    Last year, Captain America was killed after being shot by a sniper in New York.
    Superman's death in 1992 at the hands of Doomsday became the biggest selling Superman comic in history. He was later resurrected.
    Batman was co-created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger for DC Comics. The character first appeared in Detective Comics in May 1939.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It is not the first time a superhero has met an unfortunate end in the comic world.
    Last year, Captain America was killed after being shot by a sniper in New York.
    Say it isn't so. Captain America is alive and well and posting on this board.

I heard that Obamaman wants to be the new replacement.

YouTube - Obama Man Can www.EasyProfitFast.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It's true. I am the replacement. And I'm kicking Robins ass. I always thought he had a silly ass name anyway.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    As a complete comic book geek, I will be buying this issue today.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    It's true. I am the replacement. And I'm kicking Robins ass. I always thought he had a silly ass name anyway.
    You'd be secure enough not to need someone with such a silly name as your sidekick!

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I actually enjoyed the "Batman Beyond" cartoon series where the retired Bruce Wayne found a replacement. It was an interesting idea, Wayne in the background helping the new guy learn the ropes. I really hope they don't kill of Wayne in the comics though!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I read a book-length version of a Batman sequel, The Dark Knight" by Frank Miller, in which Robin was a girl rebelling against her parents who were aging hippies who disapproved of all violence and said "it's just like Kent State" whenever they heard about police or superhero actions. That was kind of funny.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'm not sure why people feel the need to kill off heros. It really upsets me.
    Arm the sheep!

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Guys, as an advid reader of comics as a kid, I can tell you this:

Comic companies (especially DC Comics) are notorious for killing off heros and then bringing them back. Remember the popular "Death of Superman" comic that made the news back in the 90s?

This is the same pathetic attempt to boost waning sales. Do you honestly think DC would kill off it's cash cow?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Guys, as an advid reader of comics as a kid, I can tell you this:

Comic companies (especially DC Comics) are notorious for killing off heros and then bringing them back. Remember the popular "Death of Superman" comic that made the news back in the 90s?

This is the same pathetic attempt to boost waning sales. Do you honestly think DC would kill off it's cash cow?
    Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean I didn't want a copy. heh

And how come you're not an avid reader still????? Hmmmmm...? Growing up has nothing to do with it!
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean I didn't want a copy. heh

And how come you're not an avid reader still????? Hmmmmm...? Growing up has nothing to do with it!
    Because I have to pay bills. LOL

I may pick up the occasional graphic novel to keep up with things. I was more of a Marvel comic geek. But from what I've seen lately it hasn't impressed me much.

I'm still a comic book nerd. Just can't afford to be as big of a nerd as I'd like.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information