Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Talking Zoo's attempt to force polar bears to gay-marry fails

Puzzled zookeepers in northern Japan have discovered the reason why their attempts to mate two polar bears kept failing: Both are female.

A 4-year-old polar bear sent to impregnate a female polar bear at a zoo in Kushiro was found to be female as well.

The municipal zoo in the city of Kushiro in Hokkaido brought in a polar bear cub three years ago. They named it Tsuyoshi, after the popular baseball outfielder Tsuyoshi Shinjo, and waited until it reached reproductive age.
    In June, the zoo introduced Tsuyoshi to its resident bear, an 11-year-old female named Kurumi, and waited for sparks to fly.
    But much to the disappointment of zookeepers, Tsuyoshi never made any amorous advances toward Kurumi.
    Earlier this month, zookeepers put Tsuyoshi under anesthesia to get to the bottom of the matter. That's when they made their discovery: Tsuyoshi is a female.
    Still, the Kushiro zoo plans to keep Tsuyoshi because he -- or rather, she -- has become immensely popular with visitors.
    "I have rather mixed feelings, given the need for breeding, but Tsuyoshi is an idol for Kushiro," Yoshio Yamaguchi, head of the Kushiro zoo, told Japan's Kyodo news agency.
    Tsuyoshi will even keep her name.
    "We will not be changing it to 'Tsuyoko' since it is loved by citizens (by the current name)," Yamaguchi said.
    "Ko" is a common suffix for a Japanese female name.
    Meanwhile, Tsuyoshi's "brother," who was adopted by another zoo, has also turned out to be female, Kyodo reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...ars/index.html

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Well, DUHHH!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    How Gay!

You mean to tell me they have to put the poor thing under anesthesia to figure out it was not a male. Didn't any one tell them Male Polar Bears have Penises.

Maybe they should resort to artificial insemination, that is if they can find a male to donate.

By the way the Bronx Zoo, has one lonely male Polar Bear in captivity, maybe they can hook him up!

YouTube - Polar Bear EXTREME Close Up Head Shot At The Bronx Zoo

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    You mean to tell me they have to put the poor thing under anesthesia to figure out it was not a male. Didn't any one tell them Male Polar Bears have Penises.
    That's what I was thinking. Now a polar bear may not quite be a horse, but I would think the gender would be easy to figure out.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Alright, smartasses... YOU go in that cage and get close enough to search the fur for a pecker...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Alright, smartasses... YOU go in that cage and get close enough to search the fur for a pecker...

Arm the sheep!

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post

True, true, but they could have told what sex they were when they were still cubs, besides it is not only the pecker, it has cojones, dos huevos, in plain english, the male has balls!

So even a polar bear who had short comings in the pecker department it still would have had some visible male anatomy!

altonc27 is offline Rookie
    best arguement will be why didnt they check wen they transportrd the bear to that zoo

Thread Information