Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Mother accused of murdering her newborn in 2007 sentenced to life w/out parole

An Oakdale teenager, accused of stabbing her newborn baby more than 100 times in 2007, was found guilty of first-degree murder Monday.

Nicole Beecroft, 19, was found guilty of stabbing her newborn baby 135 times in April 2007.
    "Our client, ultimately based on this verdict, received--what we believe under the circumstances--was a disproportionate sentence," said Beecroft attorney Luke Stellpflug.
    During the trial, a hallowing conversation between Beecroft and her mother, along with four witness testimonies were heard at the Washington County Courthouse in Stillwater.
    The witnesses, all police officers, described how Beecroft lacked any emotions when it came to her child.

In a taped conversation, Beecroftís own mother was surprised by her daughterís lack of emotions.

"Youíre talking about this like itís nothing. Thatís your baby. Itís got no right to be in the dump," said Kari Beecroft in the recording.

In May, the defense filed a motion, claiming the baby was stillborn and challenging the Hennepin County Medical Examiner who determined the cause of death.
    According to her attorneys, Beecroft lay with the child for some time before wrapping it in a towel and putting it into a trash can, but never stabbed the child.
    "I can't be happy about this verdict. It's just so sad," explained Washington County Attorney Doug Johnson.

The Washington County district judge's verdict requires a mandatory sentence of life in prison with no parole, but the case will automatically be appealed to the state Supreme Court.

Beecroft has been in custody since her arrest and will be transferred to the Minnesota Correctional Facility in Shakopee.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S685926.shtml?cat=1
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    She should have been sentenced to death without parole.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    She should have been sentenced to death without parole.
    Eh....Minnesota.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Eh....Minnesota.
    I take it there is no death penalty in Minnesota. Wonderful.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I take it there is no death penalty in Minnesota. Wonderful.
    Nope.

And life in prison is I believe "37 years" long before they are eligible for parole. Fortunately, this girl got life w/out parole, so she'll be sitting until they drag her out in a pine box.

Thread Information