Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Political Corruption by State map.

Take a look at this map. Move your cursor over your state and take a look at the info.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...?se=yahoorefer

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    We may be one of the least corrupt but we're certainly the most corrupt morally.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That map is a little fucked up - it bases the relative corruption on the ratio of crooks to people.

Illinois has 502 convictions, but because the population is high it ranks lower.

Even given population differences, I can't imagine there are that many more politicians. It's almost an attempt to paint Illinois as clean to counter all the FBI statements about it being the dirtiest State in the nation.

I'm not a statistics expert, but I don't buy it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    You are right, maclean. They should try a ratio of crooks to politicians, not population.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Another problem with this map is that it only list convictions. We all know not everything filed with the district attorney makes it to the courtroom. Additionally, conviction rate isn't a true representation of the myriad of unethical acts that may not rise to a criminal conviction, yet are unacceptable nonetheless. Looks to me like another attempt by the media to make things appear the way they want them to appear.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    That map is a little fucked up - it bases the relative corruption on the ratio of crooks to people.

Illinois has 502 convictions, but because the population is high it ranks lower.

Even given population differences, I can't imagine there are that many more politicians. It's almost an attempt to paint Illinois as clean to counter all the FBI statements about it being the dirtiest State in the nation.

I'm not a statistics expert, but I don't buy it.
    "Statistics do not lie, their facts are accurate. However, the statisticians do lie and manipulate the statistics to their personal agenda!" Words of my professor when I took "Statistics and Theory."
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information