Welcome to the APBWeb.
    OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO

Holland Township family angry that supermarket won't personalize cake for their son

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/toda...ily_angry.html

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today.

This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf's birthday.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," said Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman.
    The Campbells turned down the market's offer to make a cake with enough room for them to write their own inscription and can't understand what all of the fuss is about.

Express-Times Photo | BRUCE WINTER
    Young Adolf Hitler Campbell will be getting a cake from Wal-Mart this year."ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."
    Others, such as Anti-Defamation League director Barry Morrison, applauded Shop Rite's decision.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?"

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Uh..........fucking people.

Like the article says, go to Wal-Mart, go somewhere else. Freaks.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Those poor kids will get every political thread they post in locked.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    These people must be out of their mind to place names like that on their children, hopefully they do not grow up and be just like them, by them I mean their parents, may as well add in the namesakes as well.

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    These people must be out of their mind to place names like that on their children, hopefully they do not grow up and be just like them, by them I mean their parents, may as well add in the namesakes as well.
    I think we can assume the 'parents' are members of the Arayans or some other racist group and as such are just populating their group with future members.
    They think its appropriate and even a good thing.
    Crazy fkers
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    The parents are absolute idiots for naming their child that. Just seems like they crave attention or something...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    The parents are absolute idiots for naming their child that. Just seems like they crave attention or something...
    I think the fact that there is a fricking article about this assinine incident reflects that you are 100% correct....
    I now have to figure out how to get the last five minutes I wasted reading this bullshit back....
    " The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Those poor kids will get every political thread they post in locked.

Kitler FTW!
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    It's sad what those kids will go through til they are old enough to change their names, if they want to change them when they are older. Hopefully, they will get nicknames before they go to school to cover their actual names, but it's doubtful.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Young Adolf Hitler Campbell will be getting a cake from Wal-Mart this year."ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."
    So does that mean that Wal-Mart, the self described champion of moral values, wrote the aryan and hitler messages on the cake?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Those people should have been sterilized the moment they met.

I can only hope the kids grow up to realize their parents are morons.

May they find a lifetime of happiness and companionship with a partner of another race. That'll show em.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Follow Up:

EASTON, Pa. The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."
    Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the last two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.
    The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.
    Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.
    Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.
    "Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/...dd_hitler_cake
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.
    Some people never cease to amaze me. Are these parents that naive that they don't know that they just scarred their kids for life by giving them these names? Or just plain Stupid! Or are they tweakers strung out on acid? There is a reason why "no one else in the world would have that name." Even Hitlers own nephew had his named changed after coming to America after WWII.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...he.html?cat=37

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-Hitlers.html

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Yep real morons

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Follow-up on the Story of the kid named after Adolf Hitler:

Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

A young boy named Adolf Hitler, who attracted national attention when a local supermarket refused to make a birthday cake with his name on it, has been taken away from his parents by authorities, according to a local website.

LehighValleyLive.com reports that Adolf and his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, 1, and 8-month-old Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, were removed from their home by New Jersey's Division of Youth and Family Services.

No reason was given for why the children were removed, however, and Holland Township police chief David Van Gilson told the site they had not received any reports of abuse or negligence.

Back in December, the boy's parents, Heath and Deborah, were outraged when a local ShopRite declined to provide them with cake for Adolf's birthday.

"They're just names, you know," Heath Campbell told the Easton Express-Times in December. "Yeah, they (the Nazis) were bad people back then. But my kids are little. They're not going to grow up like that."

However, Heath reportedly denies the Holocaust and their home is decorated with swastikas.

The parents were to attend a hearing regarding their children on Tuesday, but it was apparently postponed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009..._removed_.html

The sad thing is the kid looks happy, but then again he is too young to know any better.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Of the parents, I am still having a hard time trying to figure out who is dumb and dumber.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information