Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Newly Erected Barriers Attract Unplanned Attention

WINTERS (CBS13) ― A $2 million investment into a downtown improvement project has yielded an unintentionally distracting image, some residents say. Downtown Winters has new benches and new brick sidewalks, but that's not what people seem to be noticing on the corner of Railroad and Main.

Many residents can't agree on what the newly erected, three-foot-high pedestrian barriers look like.

"They look like fire hydrants that have been painted," said one man. A woman named Katie suggested the thirteen barriers looked like chess pieces. Debra LoGuercio, a columnist for the Winters Express, saw something completely different.

"By God, they're penises," Debra said. "And it's a nice sturdy one at that."

Debra couldn't believe it, and even wrote a column for the Express titled "New Construction Shocks The L Out Of Our Pubic Spaces."

"I've heard people leaning out the window, saying, 'Love the penises!" she laughed, "which you don't hear very often."

City officials weren't terribly amused when we brought the subject up to them. The city manager wouldn't go on camera to talk about it, saying it's juvenile. Many residents agree with him -- John Pickerel owns two restaurants on the corner, and he's all for the streetscape improvements.

"Winters is a jewel, and this just polishes the jewel," he said.

It's a jewel for families and visitors, but now it has an unplanned attraction.

"It's all I can see," Debra said. "It's like the creepy kid in the movie: 'I see penises.'"

The city has more streetscape improvements planned -- another $800,000 worth. There is no word if more of the pedestrian barriers are in that project.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    This is Winters, CA. The town is about 25 miles west of Sacramento and about 35 miles north of San Francisco.

http://cbs13.com/local/winters.pedes....2.888277.html video included on link to this page

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "By God, they're penises," Debra said. "And it's a nice sturdy one at that."
    Somebody needs a little attention.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    If she thinks that looks like a penis, may I suggest she get a copy of the latest Playgirl and double check? Sheesh, some prudes.

Thread Information