Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Smile Lewisville police officer wins $13 million in Texas lottery

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....7c632584.html

06:21 PM CST on Friday, December 19, 2008
    By JOANNA CATTANACH / The Dallas Morning News
    jcattanach@dallasnews.com

A Lewisville police officer is the sole winner of this month’s $13 million Lotto Texas drawing, lottery officials announced today.

Joni Eddy

Joni Eddy, an assistant chief in the city’s police department, claimed the ticket today in Austin. Her winning numbers 6-11-13-18-26-49 matched all six drawn Dec. 6. The ticket was purchased from the Fina Mart of Lewisville, 1890 S. Old Orchard Lane.

“The last two weeks have been crazy,” Chief Eddy told lottery officials, “I haven’t slept much, and there’s been a great deal of paperwork to do so I could claim this prize.”

Chief Eddy formed a legal entity before claiming the prize. Lottery officials recommend all winners first seek legal and financial advice before claiming their winnings.

Her prize award will be paid in annual installments of $390,000 for 25 years.

City employees were informed of her winnings today, said Police Chief Russell Kerbow.

Chief Eddy told her supervisor she won the lottery the day she found out. “You just can’t help it, you have to tell someone,” she said. “And I had to tell my supervisor because I was going to need some time to take care of this matter.”

She plans to keep working at the police department, and she’s going to indulge just a little: “I’ve got an SUV, and since I really have a thing for cars, I’m going to let myself buy a new one.”

Chief Kerbow said Chief Eddy is a deserving winner. “We’re thrilled that it’s one of our own. I can’t imagine it changing her at all,” he said.

Chief Eddy is a 1980 graduate of Texas Woman's University where she received a bachelor's degree in journalism/broadcasting. She also received a master's degree from the University of North Texas in 1983 in journalism/public relations.

She’s been with the Lewisville Police Department since 1989.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Maybe she can use the money for a face transplant. Anyway, I'm glad to hear it. She should quit immediately.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    She will have to quit to protect the assets. One good lawsuit and they will attack and attach her new monies in it. Unless she finds a way to incorporate or insulate the winnings.

Besides, with $13MIL USD, I can live my dream. Live behind a bowling alley and hang out there all day.

DOH!

Wrong fantasy. Actually, open my own gun store and range. Beef jerkey and beanie babies will be found on aisle 2.

Thread Information