Welcome to the APBWeb.
    FishTail Guest

Patrol car sex PC spared prison

A Cheshire police officer who had sex with his mistress in the back of a patrol car has been given 200 hours community service.

Married Raymond Waring, 32, had sex with the woman while on duty in Warrington in August 2002.

He was found guilty of misconduct in public office after a trial at Chester Crown Court in December.

Judge Mr Justice Pitchford also ordered Waring, who has since been sacked by the force, to pay £500 costs.

At the Bristol Crown Court hearing on Wednesday, he told him: "On August 11, 2002 you departed from your tour of duty and for a period of probably two hours indulged your sexual appetite with a drunken woman, with whom you were having an affair, in the back of your panda car.

"During that time you weren't patrolling the streets of Warrington or answering any calls for help."

The judge added: "I take the view that your offence is sufficiently serious to warrant a sentence of imprisonment, but I have decided it's in the public interest that you should make reparation to them for the abdication of your duty by doing unpaid work in the community."

Waring, of Guernsey Road, Widnes, was caught after he and a colleague were accused of raping a handcuffed woman in their police car while on duty on New Year's Eve 2002.

'Gross dereliction'

Both men were cleared of the offence by a jury at Chester Crown Court, but forensic officers found traces of Waring's semen and another woman's DNA on the backseat of the car.

When questioned, Waring, who is separated from his wife, admitted he had been having an affair and had consensual sex with another woman in a patrol car.

The court heard Waring later admitted it had been a "complete and gross dereliction of duty".

Waring, who had been an officer for seven years, was dismissed after internal disciplinary proceedings.

Gordon Cole, defending, said: "He is 32 and has now lost everything he held dear. He has lost his good character and his position in the police."

BBC News

Oops!

slamdunc is offline On The Beat
    That's one of the things you just Don't do.

Don't get your Honey the same place you get your Money.
    'The Art of War' teaches us to "Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's coming, but on our own readiness to receive him"--Sun Tsu

FishTail Guest
    What grates on me is the way that if Joe Blow screws around during work time he gets fired. If we do it, we face prison.

Not that it's a good idea either way.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    What grates on me is the way that if Joe Blow screws around during work time he gets fired. If we do it, we face prison.

Not that it's a good idea either way.
    Exactly. I have to explain that to people all the time who bitch about cops not giving each other tickets. They don't understand that a ticket or accident affects many officers' promotions and paychecks, whether it was on duty or not.

Ken K is offline Banned
    Yuck...at least make him clean all the cars!

Jay7376 is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    you departed from your tour of duty and for a period of probably two hours indulged your sexual appetite with a drunken woman, .
    Hell, If I were to indulge my sexual appetite with a drunken women it would only take 5-10 minutes.

Look at the bright side, this guy is now known around the world as a stallion.
    I'm a PUBLIC SERVANT, so I'm not permitted to use my own judgement in any way.

Thread Information