Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Cops fall all over each other trying to arrest 14-year-old kid who was taking "aggressive stance" at shopping mall, Taser him "as a last resort"

Salt Lake City police used a stun gun on a 14-year-old boy after they say he refused to leave The Gateway mall and resisted arrest on Saturday night. Around 8 p.m. Saturday, police said a group of kids was trying to pick a fight with a second group.
    Gateway security officers asked the group to leave the mall, but they refused and at least one boy actively fought with officers, police said.
    "He said his group was waiting for someone, and they were not leaving until they did so -- despite what police and security officers were telling them to do," said Salt Lake City Police Department Detective Dennis McGowan.
    The boy cursed at officers and clenched his fists, taking "an aggressive stance," McGowan said.
    McGowan said the boy refused to turn around to be arrested and pushed back at officers.
    "He wouldn't go on the ground, and officers were unable to gain control," McGowan said. "Apparently they were falling on top of each other, so as a last resort, the officer pulled out his Taser."
    The boy was taken to a local juvenile detention center.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Oh well.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Keep in mind that I have a reputation as a shit stirrer....

When my Daughter was in 8th grade, the school resource officer tazed a very large 13 year old kid who tried to attack her. This caused quite the shit storm with the local NAACP, and the rest of the professional complainers.

A few days later I was dropping my Daughter off at school and the school cop was standing out front. I made it a point to walk up to her and in a very loud voice tell her that I thought she did a great job and to hell with anyone who thought differently.

The l;ooks I got going back to my truck were priceless.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm not gonna say they were wrong. I've been to our "school for shit head kids" multiple times back when I was on days, and they've got some big as 13,14,15,16 yr olds there.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information