Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Bwahahahaha update on racist asshat Sheriff.

Taken from the ajc.com..

Sheriff: Feds investigate Hill over missing weapons
    New sheriff says keys, equipment among missing items since Hill left office
    By MEGAN MATTEUCCI

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Federal prosecutors are investigating former Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill after some weapons and other county property were reported missing, the new sheriff said.

Sheriff Kem Kimbrough said he has found several items missing, including keys, weapons and other equipment, since he took office Jan. 1.

“We seem to find something new everyday,” Kimbrough said. “There are a number of issues that are under investigation. The investigation is proceeding.”

Kimbrough declined to give details.

On Dec. 30, Kimbrough said he and new Clayton District Attorney Tracy Graham-Lawson met with the U.S. Attorney’s office in Atlanta about an ongoing investigation into Hill. Kimbrough declined to say what that investigation centers around.

Kimbrough said he now has passed on information about the missing equipment, along with other concerns.

U.S. Attorney’s office spokesman Patrick Crosby said he could neither confirm nor deny any investigation, citing Justice Department policy. Graham-Lawson said she had no information on the investigation.

Hill could not be reached for comment. County officials say they have not seen or heard from since Dec. 31.

Hill’s attorneys, Shonterria Martin and James Dearing, did not return phone calls or e-mails Wednesday.

Georgia law requires all outgoing sheriffs turn in an inventory of assets. Hill failed to do that, County Commission Chairman Eldrin Bell said.

Clayton County is also investigating Hill for alleged credit card abuse. Commissioners say Hill used a county credit card to pay for a trip to Las Vegas last month. Hill had said he was attending a conference.

Chief Deputy Sheriff Garland Watkins said creditors have been calling the sheriff’s office since Hill left office, trying to contact him about county and personal credit card debt.

In August, Hill lost a bid for re-election to Kimbrough.

On Dec. 30, Hill filed bankruptcy, claiming he could not afford $1.7 million in damages from several lawsuits. They included a judgment for $475,000 he owes to Mark Tuggle, the brother of the former Clayton sheriff, for false arrest.

Hill’s Riverdale house has been on the market since August. Last month federal marshals put a lien on it because of the outstanding legal debts, Watkins said.

Hill was criticized during his term for placing snipers on the courthouse roof and firing 27 deputies. That move cost the county $7 million to settle wrongful termination lawsuits.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Why does this not surprise me. I expect that when the investigation is complete, Hill will cost the county millions not only in lawsuits but also in missing funds, equipment, credit card abuse, etc.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And the final victims here, the citizens, will pay and suffer for this for years to come.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    How was he racist? The asshat part's defiantely true.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    How was he racist? The asshat part's defiantely true.
    Seriously? Ok, I'm going to assume that you are one of only seven people in America who have not heard of Hill.

His first day in office, he rounded up all his senior honkey deputies, at gunpoint, stripped them of their badges and guns, and sent them home in jail vans. That move cost my County 7 million.
    dlefdal said:

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Just judging on what I've heard posted from here, it sounds like at least the new sheriff has some integrity. I have no idea what the new sheriff's political affiliation is, but it seems he is trying to get things going how they should have been going for a while and it sounds like he is not going to put up with any of the BS that has been going on there under the last sheriff. Kudos to him for that.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Also didn't this new sheriff fire a shitload from the deputies that had been on the dept? Where is Clayton Co.? I had thought about getting on a dept. in the atlanta area. I'm not sure if Clayton Co. is even close, but I like how this new sheriff sounds. If he needs new deputies, maybe I could help him out...... hehehe

Though as much as I like the Atlanta area, I have heard from officers around there, that if you are white, you don't want to get onto APD, because you will never get ahead. I don't know if that is true, but i've heard it from a couple sources that are in that area.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Just judging on what I've heard posted from here, it sounds like at least the new sheriff has some integrity. I have no idea what the new sheriff's political affiliation is, but it seems he is trying to get things going how they should have been going for a while and it sounds like he is not going to put up with any of the BS that has been going on there under the last sheriff. Kudos to him for that.
    Kem is a good guy, known him for years.

Also didn't this new sheriff fire a shitload from the deputies that had been on the dept? Where is Clayton Co.? I had thought about getting on a dept. in the atlanta area. I'm not sure if Clayton Co. is even close, but I like how this new sheriff sounds. If he needs new deputies, maybe I could help him out...... hehehe
    Kem fired a bunch of folks that Hill hired without going through the county. He just told them they had jobs, gave them badges, and got them put on the payroll without sending them to the academy. Also some of them had felony records.

Clayton County is just south of Atlanta. Maybe 10 minutes from the City. It's a pretty rough county, but I have been her a long time and refuse to let the thugs and gangbangers run me out.
    dlefdal said:

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Seriously? Ok, I'm going to assume that you are one of only seven people in America who have not heard of Hill.

His first day in office, he rounded up all his senior honkey deputies, at gunpoint, stripped them of their badges and guns, and sent them home in jail vans. That move cost my County 7 million.
    I heard of Hill, but I didn't hear about that little stunt. I spent the first 13 years of my life in Clayton. So glad I got the ef out.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information