Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Deadly Drug Wars

22 killed in surging wave of violence in Mexico

2 hrs 58 mins ago
    MONTERREY, Mexico (AFP) Twenty-two people were found shot dead late Monday and Tuesday in northern Mexico, including four found on property belonging to the state-run oil giant Pemex, police said.
    The killings are likely the result of the ongoing war between powerful drug cartels for control of lucrative access corridors to the United States, officials said.
    Petroleos de Mexico workers found the bodies of the four men, some half-dressed and with tape over their eyes, piled up in a well on company property some 150 kilometers (93 miles) northeast of Monterrey, on the US-Mexican border.
    The men had all been shot in the head, police in this prosperous and heavily industrialized city told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.
    Meanwhile to the west in the state of Chihuahua, a state also bordering the United States, police found 18 bodies.
    Among the dead were three men were found Tuesday afternoon in the state capital Chihuahua with their hands and feet tied. Police said that witnesses saw how the victims were forced out of a vehicle and riddled with bullets on the spot.
    Other bodies were found in different state cities, including five in Ciudad Juarez, the epicenter of a war between the Juarez and Sinaloa drug cartels. Already 116 people have been killed in drug violence in Juarez in 2009.
    In 2008 some 2,400 people were murdered in Chihuahua state, 1,600 of them in Ciudad Juarez, according to government figures.
    The Mexican government has deployed some 36,000 soldiers across the country to battle organized crime.
    Across the country, 5,300 people were murdered in 2008, the government said.
    Absolutely incredible.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That place is deteriorating quickly
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Sounds like the drug cartels are at it again, er ah still.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Drove thru El Paso TX early this month. Juarez is a sad contrast, didn't have to see the Rio Grande to tell where the border was. Local news was full of narco-war shootings in Juarez. People in Juarez are keeping their kids home from school, locking themselves into their homes.....of course Mexico has strict gun control laws....!

Sure gave me an appreciation of our Border Patrol. Their job is like shoveling feathers into a hurricane. The court transcripts of the Ramos-Compean case open a small window into the frustratiion the USBP faces daily.

There is a word to describe Mexico - chaos.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information