Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Man in wheelchair allegedly steals purse, spits

Man in wheelchair allegedly steals purse, spits in officer's face

-AP

COLUMBUS, Ga. Columbus police arrested a man in a wheelchair after he allegedly stole a woman's purse early Saturday and then spit in an officer's face. Police said a 51-year-old man approached a 49-year-old woman who was reclining on a couch in the lobby of their apartment building with her brown purse beside her.

Police said the man took the purse and tried to get away but the woman yelled at him to return the purse and it was recovered. The man got into an elevator and went to his room but was arrested for robbery a short time later.

Two officers took the man to a medical center for treatment. Police said the man then insulted the weight of one officer and then cursed and spit in his face.

The man was charged with obstruction of an officer and was released from the Muscogee County Jail later that day.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Police said the man then insulted the weight of one officer and then cursed and spit in his face.

Stand up here and call me fat to my face....oh wait...you can't...just sit down and...ooops, damn, there I go again.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Police said the man then insulted the weight of one officer and then cursed and spit in his face.
    Call out the bio-hazard team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    Stand up here and call me fat to my face....oh wait...you can't...just sit down and...ooops, damn, there I go again.
    Hey Pudge, next time tell him that you may be fat but at least you can walk without aid.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    We used to have a dipshit here that had no legs. He told everyone he lost them in Vietnam, truth was he was hitching a ride on a train, fell and the train ran over them.

He was a first class pain in the ass. Constantly stealing, accosting people and always fighting when he got arrested. Of course, when he went to court with his face a little bit rearranged he got sympathy....

Somebody finally killed the sumbitch and put him and everyone else out of their misery.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    We used to have a dipshit here that had no legs. He told everyone he lost them in Vietnam, truth was he was hitching a ride on a train, fell and the train ran over them.

He was a first class pain in the ass. Constantly stealing, accosting people and always fighting when he got arrested. Of course, when he went to court with his face a little bit rearranged he got sympathy....

Somebody finally killed the sumbitch and put him and everyone else out of their misery.
    Gotta love Karma, right?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Gotta love Karma, right?
    Yep. I sure believe in it.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I arrested a POS in a wheelchair for battery on police (me), public intoxication, and disorderly conduct once. He was causing trouble at one of the strip bars. The bar was trying to kick his drunk ass out but he wouldn't leave, so they called the police. I got there and tried to talk his friend into just wheeling him away from the scene so he wouldn't have to go to jail. The friend tried to wheel him away, but he slammed down the emergency brake on the wheelchair to stop it dead in its tracks. He REALLY did not want to leave the strip bar! So I reached down to release the brake, and he punched me in the arm. It didn't hurt or anything, but I wasn't gonna have that. I took him out of the chair and down to the ground and put him in cuffs (with him struggling with his arms a little bit). Another officer showed up and helped me lift him to carry him to my squad car. It took us a while to get him in since he had no use of his legs whatsoever. I loaded his wheelchair into the trunk of my car and headed to the jail. I had dispatch call ahead to the jail to have a "welcoming party" ready to help me with him since he wanted to fight the police. I pulled into the sallyport, got out of my car, and opened the trunk. Kind of unusual for the jailers to see me go to the trunk first. Then, when they saw me pull out a wheelchair, they all collectively let out an, "Oh shit!" They didn't like me that night for bringing him in. Hell I didn't want to, but once he thought he could punch me...game over.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information