Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Deputies Appear to Flip the Bird in Department Photo

HAMLIN, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- The 2009 edition of the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department calendar is the talk of the town after some say one of the deputies was giving the finger to the camera.
    It looks like one deputy is sending the wrong message with his finger. The deputy right next to him also appears to be trying to make the same gesture, but he doesn't commit.
    "I honestly don't think it was intentional for anyone of the guys. Both of them have been good friends of mine," said Lincoln County Sheriff Jerry Bowman.
    But, he ordered both men to collect all of the calendars from the community and cover up the fingers in question with black markers (see pictures below).
    "We gathered up all the calendars, we brought (the calendars) back in and these two guys on their time corrected it with the Sharpie," said Bowman. They blacked out part of their fingers and redistributed."
    400 calendars were printed and distributed, so it wasn't easy for the deputies to find all of them and make the corrections.
    "I guarantee the next picture it will be a little more scrutinized," said Bowman. "I don't think this will happen again."
    Sheriff Bowman says he'll look over next year's picture carefully to make sure it's perfect before it goes to print.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Thats a good way to get a Sheriff on your ass. The guys who were the flippers better behave awhile now that the Sheriff has been publicly embarassed.......

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If that's all they can find to complain about in town they shouldn't be complaining in the first place.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Ha ha ha ha, that is a riot! I remember kids doing that in Middle School.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    A couple months ago I was driving lights and sirens to a burglary in progress, and I was on a two lane stretch of road in a small town heading to another town. Captain dipshit ahead of me, turns on his left blinker to make a left turn, and then stops in the middle of the road to wait for the turn. While on coming traffic continues to go straight ahead, and not move over. So I had to wait (as the curb on my right side was raised, and unable to drive on) while the guy ahead finally decided to get the fark out of my way .

As I passed after waiting with my lights and sirens on, I was so angry, I flipped the guy a bird, right in the driver's side window. I pressed my hand full up to the window. So stupid on my part. I put the hammer down and got the fark out of there. I think I drove fast enough no one got my car number.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Maybe next time, since you spent so much time stopped up behind him, you could just keep his plate number and later go ticket him. That will affect him more than a finger. And it will feel good to track him down and make him pay.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information