Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

School worker's obscene rant about 'fat kid' accidentally left on father's answerphone

A school worker left a foul-mouthed tirade of abuse on the answerphone of a pupil's father, describing his 13-year-old son as a 'fucking fat kid'.
    The woman was ringing the boy's father to find out why the pupil had not attended lessons.
    However, not realising the call was still connected to the parent's mobile phone, she launched into a rant, describing 31-year-old Paul Day as a 'fucking idiot' and branding his son Dale a 'fucking fat kid'.
    Dismayed Mr Day had been at the dentist with his son when a staff member from the Dale Young Community Academy in Leeds, left the offending message.
    Single parent Mr Day says his son has been left distressed by the outburst.
    He said: 'I couldn't believe what I was hearing, you don't expect to have that on your phone from anyone, especially someone who works in a school.
    'I was gobsmacked, very upset and really angry - I had to listen to it a few time before I believed my ears.
    'Dale has been really upset by it and he's wondering if this is how the staff talk about him behind his back - they are meant to be there to protect the pupils not abuse them.
    'He is distraught now but doesn't want to have to go to a different school because he has friends here.
    'But having to see her around school knowing she has said this is upsetting him.'

Mr Day, an ice cream man, said that on hearing the message he went to the school to complain.
    'They were shocked when they heard it, you can't let people get away with that,' he said.

'If it had been a racist comment on the voicemail she would have been out on her ear, I don't see the difference, calling my son fat.'
    Alan Bolton, a senior manager at the West Yorkshire school, said action had been taken against the staff member, who is not a teacher, and an apology was offered.
    He said: 'The member of staff has been spoken to, she has been disciplined and given management advice.
    'We don't think that it is appropriate for our staff to talk in this way about pupils, or their parents, whatever the circumstances.
    'This was a mistake and the member of staff had no idea that the phone was still running.
    'The DYCA has formally apologised to Mr Day and offered to put that apology in writing, although he declined a letter of apology because he said he was satisfied with what had already been done.'
    David Young Community Academy opened in September 2006 as the city's first state-funded independent school.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Not defending the teacher, because what she did was unprofessional and rude.

However...

'If it had been a racist comment on the voicemail she would have been out on her ear, I don't see the difference, calling my son fat.'

Then you're a shitty parent. You're a shitty parent for letting your kid get fat (if he is indeed fat). And you're a shitty parent because you can't see the difference between persecution of a people simply because they are born a certain color versus your son opening his mouth every time he bends his elbow.

Ice cream man? Looks like we found the source of the problem.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    If I were the IceCream Man, my wife would be fat, she likes to gobble that shit up
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Thread Information