Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Homeless Man Damages Police Car In Front of Officers

FREDERICK, Md. - You probably wouldn't commit a crime right in front of two police officers, but one man's accused of doing just that.

The reason? He says he wanted to go to jail!

Most of us wouldn't be willing give up our freedom, but if you have no food and no place to get warm in the middle of winter, jail starts to look pretty good.

Police say early Sunday morning 22-year-old Robert Jenifer grabbed a cinderblock and threw it directly at the windshield of a police cruiser in the parking lot of police headquarters in downtown Frederick. The car was empty at the time, but two officers were standing nearby.

Jenifer told police he's tired of not having food or a home and wanted to go to jail. He was arrested and charged with malicious destruction of property.

Advocates for the homeless say it's no surprise to them that someone would get so desperate he'd actually want to go to jail. They say they hear it quite often.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Advocates for the homeless say it's no surprise to them that someone would get so desperate he'd actually want to go to jail. They say they hear it quite often.
    These are the dumbasses that will spend your money to help the homeless.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    That happens a lot around here, especially when the weather gets unseasonably cold. I've known of a couple of old men with extensive criminal records commit crimes and then wait for us to get there. One old guy told me that he had no retirement or anything else. In the joint, he would get fed, a place to sleep and pretty good health care. He was too old for anyone to mess with so it made a great retirement home for someone like him.....

Most of the homeless around here though are mentally ill. People that were in mental hospitals until the do gooders decided they would be better off "in the community". I feel sorry for those, the simply can't assimilate into society and should be taken care of.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, that's pretty common around here, actually. It won't be to that degree most times, but they'll do what they need to to get a hot meal and a bed for even just one night.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It happens in my neck of the woods also. They haven't gone to the lengths to damage PD property yet. Usually they just commit a burg at a grocery store then wait to get hooked
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Well doing a theft or robbery makes a lot of sense. If they get caught, they go to jail and have food and shelter. If they don't then they gained something for the time being and can try again. As long as they aren't religious, then it's win-win for them.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information