Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Talking We're the Government, and We're Here to Help... Washington sends $1 to Food Stamp Recipients

I never thought The Government could do anything right except invent new and clever ways to take our money, while pacifying us with token words and meaningless gestures - but I now admit, I was wrong.

First, with Obama's $13 tax cut we all might even be able to retire early!!!

And there's this story: With the $1 extra that Washington food stamp recipients are getting, they might even be able to afford a Junior Whopper... (if it just weren't for the sales tax). Thank God the Government is here to save us from ourselves

Washington sends $1 food stamp checks to 250,000

Washington sends $1 food stamp checks to 250,000

The Associated Press

OLYMPIA, Wash. The state of Washington sent out $1 checks to the 250,000 food stamp recipients in the state.

The director of the Community Services Division for the Department of Social and Health Services, Leo Ribas, says the checks mailed Feb. 17 trigger an additional $43 million in federal food benefits. They also connect recipients to an energy assistance program.
    Ribas says the $1 check is a one-time move to leverage the federal money. He says next year the state will be able to trigger the federal assistance through a routine deposit in food stamp accounts.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Is this the same government that wants to run our health care?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Is this the same government that wants to run our health care?
    They added a free asprin allowance to the program - Surely that is a good thing. The evil HMO's won't pay for asprin.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information