Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Hazmat call to KFC becomes suspicious when the naked employees were told to urinate on each other

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Hazmat call to a Manchester Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant was determined to have been sparked by a hoax call, police said.Firefighters were called to the restaurant on Hooksett Road because employees reported eye and skin irritation from a fire extinguisher. When emergency crews arrived, they found three employees disrobed outside of the building.The employees told police that the restaurant got a call from someone claiming to be from corporate headquarters who asked them to test their fire suppression system. When they did and reported that they had chemicals from the extinguisher on their clothes, the caller told them they needed to take their clothes off.
    The workers said they became suspicious when the caller then told them to urinate on each other.Two officers were sent to a hospital for treatment from being exposed to chemicals inside the building, and two employees were also treated at a hospital. The third employee refused treatment.Police said they are investigating the incident as a criminal matter. The restaurant was closed until health officials could determine that it was safe to re-open.

bluelightem is offline Rookie
    Wooooow...

Another reason why I stay away from fast food.
    Thomas

"If you find yourself in a fair fight... your tactics SUCK!"

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, how stupid do the people working at fast food places have to be to fall for that?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    About as stupid as the restaurant managers that fall for the phone call from "the police department" advising them to strip search an embezzling employee.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Haha. This is why you should go to college... not only so you don't end up working in a fast food joint for the rest of your life, but so you don't fall for that crap. And whoever called that in needs to spend his/her time doing something else... its kinda sad. Actually to be honest I don't know which is sadder: spending your time doing that or falling for it...
    Thomas

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Urine actually DOES neutralize certain poison gasses.

The Britts had a gas mask in WWI or WWII called the "Smelly Duck". You were supposed to pee on it, then wrap it around your face. The front of it looked like a huge duck bill.

(not saying how good it worked)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

I have heard that, but if I was one of the employees I would have thought it was a bit extreme for the circumstances. Just the fact that the "fake PD" called to inform the workers that and then continue to tell them what to do, just would have seemed odd to me. Then again, some people will do almost anything in the face of danger to protect themselves.
    Thomas

Thread Information