Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Lorry driver held after man dies

A lorry driver has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died and two others, including a teenager, were injured during an alleged robbery.
    The 41-year-old, whose first language is not English, indicated he was set upon in the early morning, police said.

Officers were called to Station Road Industrial Estate, in Coleshill, Warks, where they found the lorry driver.

About 10 minutes later they were told about an injured man in a car. A 36-year-old man died later in hospital.
    Officers said the driver, who was described as Mediterranean and was driving a lorry with Greek markings, indicated he was defending himself during an attempted robbery on his curtain-sided lorry at about 0620 GMT.

They said West Midlands Ambulance Service had been called to the M6 between junctions six and seven at about 0630 GMT after reports "a man in a car was bleeding badly".
    But on arrival at the scene no-one was found.

They then received a further call saying the occupants of the car were driving to Sandwell Hospital. They arrived a short time later "bleeding heavily" from suspected stab wounds.
    One man subsequently died from his injuries and two other males are in a critical condition in hospital.

West Midlands Police closed junction seven northbound of the M6, at Great Barr, as part of the inquiry but it reopened at about 1230 GMT.

Both forces have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
    Det Ch Insp Adrian McGee, of Warwickshire Police, said he wanted to hear from anyone who had "information from any of the locations", including people who saw the men and youth arrive at the hospital.

BBC NEWS | England | West Midlands | Lorry driver held after man dies

I have no idea whats happened here if the lorry driver was defending himself and his truck against a robbery I hope it serves as a lesson to other thieves.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That article seems to be leaving a lot out.

Why was he arrested for murder if he claimed to be defending himself? Something is missing from the article.

And what is a lorry?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    A Lorry is a truck, a rig an artic. Large heavy goods vehicles either drawbar or articulated.

The first news stroies usually leave some gaps, in the UK generally someone gets arrested after an incident when someones died regardless of the circumstances self defence is a defence which would be investigated he'd give his account on tape very close to the start of any investigation.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard Dave View Post
    in the UK generally someone gets arrested after an incident when someones died regardless of the circumstances
    Ah...interesting.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information