Welcome to the APBWeb.
    pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Officer injured in chase

The officer involved is a friend of mine (we went to the academy together). He is alright now. I go up to this area for calls sometimes. It usually takes officers and deputies a couple of hours to get up there when they need "code 3" cover.

Tribal policeman injured in chase - Ukiah Daily Journal

Tribal policeman injured in chaseBy Linda Williams/TWN Staff Writer
    Updated: 02/25/2009 11:53:16 AM PST

Round Valley Tribal Police Officer Carlos Rabano suffered minor injuries Saturday night, February 21, when a vehicle fleeing police crashed into the tribal police car before escaping.

Rabano was treated and released at Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital with injuries to his neck and a variety of scrapes. He expects to return to duty today.

Kenneth Ryan Whipple, 34, of Covelo, is being sought in connection with the crash.

The incident began when deputies attempted to serve an arrest warrant for Whipple by pulling over his blue Dodge Durango on Highway 162 north of Covelo.

According to police, Whipple accelerated away, beginning a high-speed chase through Covelo toward the Piner subdivision housing area, where deputies were joined by the tribal police.

The fleeing Durango sped west on Henderson Road to Little Valley Road. Rabano positioned the police Ford Expedition in the middle of Little Valley Road near the intersection with Pink Gate Road with the intent to stop Whipple.

As the suspect vehicle approached, Rabano left the Expedition and drew his weapon. According to reports, Rabano fired several shots at the approaching vehicle as it accelerated toward him, then jumped onto the running board of his car. He was briefly pinned between the door and doorpost when the Durango struck his vehicle.

The Durango then drove away and was spotted the next day abandoned by an area resident.

"We would like to than all officers of the Mendocino County Sheriff's Department and the California Highway Patrol for their rapid response," says Tribal Police Chief Lindon Duke. "We also want to thank the Covelo Volunteer Fire Department for standing by and the Round Valley community for their calls and concern for Office Rabano and his family."
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Wow, he is lucky he was not more seriously injured. Lets see how long it takes for Whipple to report his Durango stolen.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    He was very lucky, I'm glad he's alright.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Glad to hear he's OK! Hopefully they catch the idiot soon.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Suspect turned himself in.

Round Valley fugitives in custody - Ukiah Daily Journal

Round Valley fugitives in custodyBy Linda Williams/TWN Staff Writer
    Updated: 02/27/2009 12:06:33 PM PST

Two fugitives are now in custody following an extensive manhunt by Mendocino County sheriff's deputies in the Round Valley area.

Keith "Toby" Whipple, 34, of Covelo, turned himself in at the Mendocino County Jail Wednesday evening. Whipple had been a fugitive since allegedly crashing his vehicle into the Round Valley Tribal Police patrol car of Officer Carlos Rabano, injuring him on February 21. Whipple was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and evading police.

The second fugitive, Louis "Boo" Oliver, 34, of Covelo, was one of the suspects being sought by deputies for the February 12 assault with great bodily harm on three men on Yuki Circle in Covelo. Oliver was spotted at a residence in the 76000 block of Highway 162 by deputies and taken into custody without incident.

Jennifer Schmitt, 25, of Covelo, was with Oliver and was arrested on an outstanding warrant for violating parole from Shasta County. Oliver was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and evading police.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good deal.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    Wow, he is lucky he was not more seriously injured. Lets see how long it takes for Whipple to report his Durango stolen.
    Yeah, no kidding. We already have one idiot moron here in CA that is trying this for his defense. Sadly this CHP officer was murdered in the line of duty. Not far from where I live.

Officer Earl Harwood Scott, California Highway Patrol

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Glad it ended well!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm glad they were able to put the "squeeze" on Mr. Whipple. Grateful your friend is alright.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Glad your friend is ok pgg.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information