Welcome to the APBWeb.
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Carjackers decide to shoot it out with the cops, get extra holes for their troubles.

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | 1 dies after 2 shot by police

COMMERCE CITY - Police officers opened fire and shot two robbery suspects in an intersection on Thursday afternoon as the two armed men tried to steal cars. One of the men later died at the hospital.

Commerce City Police say the entire incident started with a carjacking report in the 15800 block of 107th Avenue in the Reunion subdivision.

Police say the two men had rear-ended a car in front of them and when the car stopped, they took the driver out and robbed him at gunpoint. The men then got back in their own car and drove off.

As they were speeding away, the two men lost control of their car at Jasper Street and Heartland, hitting two trees and a street sign, and causing the front right tire to go flat.

Two Commerce City detectives in the area on an unrelated case then started to chase the men.

The chase went up 120th Avenue to Chambers Road where the suspects' car lost a tire.

According to police, the two armed men then got out of the car and tried to carjack other people in the intersection.

Officers exchanged fire with both of the suspects and both armed men were hit. Neither of the officers was injured.

The armed men then tried to run away from the intersection on foot, but the officers caught them about 200 yards away.

The names of the suspects and the officers involved were not released.

(Copyright KUSA*TV. All rights reserved.)

-------------------------------------

Got called into work to cover the street and let me tell you, we are slammed. It's like shitheads know when we're maxed out.

Ongoing investigation, so can't say much, but the news has it mostly right. Our boys did good, reverted to their training and placed their shots well, and sent a message to carjackers and robbers all over the metro area by putting one of them in the ground. Coppers are doing just fine, but let's keep them in our minds!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Nice going - Carjacking around there will probably go down a couple of points after his gets around.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Good job.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    glad your partners are safe.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Hope someone got video.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Glad the bad guys got a permanent reminder that they shouldn't be bad guys, and that the good guys went home without a scratch.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Tell 'em nice work!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Great work!

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Glad they got them.

I can remember when it was extremely rare any bad guy survived after shooting at a cop....
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    UPDATE: It sounds like the second suspect basically got his arm destroyed...both bones blown in half and the whole arm mangled. I signed up for a 10 hour OT shift as hospital security for him on Monday. My thanks to these stupid carjackers for providing for my financial well-being.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information