Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Chief accused of assault

The-Daily-Record.com - Chief accused of assault

DOYLESTOWN -- Police Chief Brian Dressler is expected to turn himself in today to Norton Police following allegations he repeatedly punched a 22-year-old man in the face and later kicked him while on the ground at a Norton business Saturday.
    Logan R. Wagner, 22, of 1114 Cherry St., Barberton, allegedly exposed himself to Dressler's wife around 2 p.m. while she was cleaning a business along Wooster Road. Wagner, an employee, also is the son of the manager of the business, according to Norton Police detective John Canterbury.
    According to a police report, Wagner rubbed himself as he was looking at her. The report says he didn't say anything to her or make any other advances. She called her husband and then called the police.
    Dressler, 34, came to the business around 3 p.m. later in the afternoon, not in uniform, Canterbury said.
    "We're not sure what words were exchanged. Mr. Dressler obviously went there to confront Mr. Wagner. When that confrontation occurred, it became physical," he said.
    Wagner, in the police report, alleges Dressler placed him in a chokehold until he was unable to breathe. He also suffered a black eye and scratches from the assault and did not seek medical attention, according to Canterbury.
    This is Wagner's third public indecency charge; he is scheduled to be arraigned today on public indecency charges stemming from the Saturday incident. His last one was Jan. 11, according to Barberton court records.
    Doylestown Mayor Terry Lindeman deferred comment to solicitor Bruce Conrad.
    Conrad said the mayor and council learned of the allegations Monday and placed Dressler on paid administrative leave. He will be on leave until Norton Police conclude its investigation and the mayor and council review the results.
    Reporter Chris Leonard can be reached at 330-287-1643 or e-mail cleonard@the-daily-record.com.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Man. Tough call on this one.

Common sense says he should know better. But....can anyone say they would react differently?

The Chief is also an academy commander. I heard from one of the students that he told them about this the other night before it hit the papers.

According to them, the Chief went there to talk to the guy and the guy got aggressive with him. Also, the Chief and his wife have been friends with the family that owns/manages the company. The perv was the son of the owner, and he knew the wife and her husband, as well as what he does for a living.

A poster on the forum below the article purports themselves to be the owner of the business and states that they did not want to cause this trouble for the Chief. If it is in fact the owner of the business/family of the perv, it sounds like they know their kid is a freak and back the fact he took an asswhoppin. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I hope he didn't do that just because he "lost it" with the kid. You can get away with a certain amount of that, but there is a limit to how much you react.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Thread Information