Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Teacher Accused of Making Kid Eat From Trash

kindergarten teacher in Connecticut has been arrested for allegedly forcing a 5-year-old boy to eat food the child had thrown in a garbage can.

Sixty-seven-year-old Anne O'Donnell, a teacher at Park City Magnet School in Bridgeport, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of risk of injury to a minor.

School officials say the charge stems from an incident last week when the boy apparently tossed out his lunch of chicken nuggets and a banana from the school cafeteria.

The teacher is accused of retrieving the items from the garbage can and forcing the boy to eat them in front of her. O'Donnell has been released on a promise to appear in court.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    No doubt the lady's a bitch. But where's the risk of injury? Was there stricnine in the garbage or something? This is a matter that should have been handled internally, I think, between the administration, the teacher, and the child's parents. You don't need police for every little thing.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    No doubt the lady's a bitch. But where's the risk of injury? Was there stricnine in the garbage or something? This is a matter that should have been handled internally, I think, between the administration, the teacher, and the child's parents. You don't need police for every little thing.
    I'm with you. More nanny government BS. Unless you can show the kid was at risk of being harmed, there's no crime. And I suspect any decent lawyer can show the state's case to be baloney.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    I'm with you. More nanny government BS. Unless you can show the kid was at risk of being harmed, there's no crime. And I suspect any decent lawyer can show the state's case to be baloney.
    Unless it was fishstick day.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information